Chili!Soft ASP Hosting : Compare Hosting
Oops! No Hosting Plans Match Your Search
You've selected a combination of features that none of the web hosts we profile offer. We suggest you remove your last filter or reset & start again.
Ask Our Experts
Need help with your hosting? Tell us exactly what you are looking for and we’ll do our very best to help. Please allow one working day for a response.
Please fill in all fields.
Thanks! Your request has been sent. We'll reply within 24 hours.
Recommended Host for Chili!Soft ASP
What is ChiliSoft ASP Hosting?
Some technology comes with a lot of baggage. This is true for ChiliSoft ASP. ChiliSoft was a company started in 1996 for the specific purpose of adding functionality to Web servers. ChiliSoft ASP was basically an application environment that combined database publishing with HTML, scripting, and custom server components for the purpose of creating dynamic Web-based business applications.
ChiliSoft ASP was fully extensible, which means you could use it to connect everything from the most current Internet standards to the older, legacy systems.
After a few years of development, ChiliSoft was acquired by Sun Microsystems. ChiliSoft ASP continued to be available after the sale, until Sun was later acquired by Oracle.
While versions of ChiliSoft ASP may still be available on the Internet, be sure to check with your hosting provider before you install the software on your site to ensure compatibility. Also bear in mind that it will most likely be difficult to impossible to get any kind of technical support for ChiliSoft ASP.
Benefits of ChiliSoft ASP
Even though technology has come a long way over the past 20 years, there are still people interested in ChiliSoft ASP. There are many reasons for this:
- Familiarity with the software.
- Easy to use, despite the fact that it is considered outdated by many.
- Excellent choice for webmasters that need to bring together older systems with the technology of today.
- Opportunity to create web-based business applications in a one-size-fits-all environment, thanks to its ability to combine database publishing with a variety of other components.
Why ChiliSoft ASP is No Longer Software of Choice
People are creatures of habit. This is particularly true among many webmasters, as they become familiar with a particular software and have a difficult time making the change to a new system.
While there will always be people who rely on ChiliSoft ASP, this is no longer the software of choice for many reasons:
- Newer software applications have come to market, some of which are easier to use.
- Lack of technical support, making it a challenge to find help if or when you need it.
- Difficulty finding a hosting platform that provides ChiliSoft ASP support.
Those who are interested in ChiliSoft ASP often compare the benefits and drawbacks to determine if it could work for them based on the application they are building.
More on ChiliSoft ASP
If you are running this software or interested in installing it, it is essential to learn more about the functionality and performance.
ChiliSoft ASP is an implementation of Microsoft Active Server Pages (ASP) technology, however, there are some key differences when comparing this with Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS).
The primary difference, and one of the many reasons why users continue to rely on ChiliSoft ASP, is the ability to build ASP applications that have the capability of running on a variety of systems, including both IIS and Windows. ASP applications can also be built to run on servers under Sun Cobalt, Sun Solaris, IBM, Linux, Hewlett-Packard HP-UX, IBM AIX, Windows 2000, and Windows NT.
Features of ChiliSoft ASP
Designed for the easy setup of active server pages, ChiliSoft ASP is packed full of many features. These features are the ones that continue to attract and retain users:
- Support for the most frequently used ASP standards.
- Connectivity for all major databases.
- The use of authentic Microsoft scripting engines.
- Powerful ASP processing.
- Diagnostic tools and server monitoring capabilities.
- Compatibility with web application development tools, including Microsoft, Adobe, and Macromedia.
Choosing a Host
Due to the age and relative infrequent use of ChiliSoft ASP, choosing a host can be a challenge. There are still hosting companies that support this software, however, don’t expect them to have much knowledge.