DirectAdmin Hosting : Compare Hosting
Oops! No Hosting Plans Match Your Search
You've selected a combination of features that none of the web hosts we profile offer. We suggest you remove your last filter or reset & start again.
Ask Our Experts
Need help with your hosting? Tell us exactly what you are looking for and we’ll do our very best to help. Please allow one working day for a response.
Please fill in all fields.
Thanks! Your request has been sent. We'll reply within 24 hours.
Recommended Host for DirectAdmin
What is Direct Admin?
Direct Admin is a web hosting control panel that brings a graphical user interface (GUI) to the management of a web hosting account, making it easier to perform common web hosting account management tasks.
Direct Admin Features for Users
- E-Mail Menu
- POP and IMAP email accounts, multiple addresses and aliases per inbox, mailing lists, forwarders, autoresponders. Access email via web or from an email client like Outlook. Spam Protection and other content filters are available.
- FTP Menu
- Users can set up and manage FTP and SFTP user accounts. Web-based FTP client included.
- DNS Menu
- Users can can edit their own DNS setting, create custom MX records, and fully control their own DNS.
- Users can view all key hosting and server statistics, such as request traffic, query speed, response time, performance, and bandwidth usage. The stats module also integrates with Webalizer.
- Users can list, create, delete, and get statistics on subdomains.
- File Manager
- Provides users with a file interface similar to Windows Explorer or OSX Finder, letting them upload and manage files without having to use an FTP client.
- MySQL Database Manager
- Allows users to create and manage MySQL databases, including user management and querying.
- Site Backup
- Provide the ability to back up an entire hosting plan's files and configuration, and restore at a granular level.
Error Pages Account-wide, user-defined custom error pages for 40x and 50x errors.
- Advanced Tools
- SSL certificate management, PHPinfo, cron job management, MIME type permissions, apache handlers, site redirection, and domain pointers.
Direct Admin Features for Resellers
- Account Management
- Predefined, customized deployment packages
- Complete view of Usage statistics, sortable by user account
- User Messaging, including messages to all users through the ticketing support system
- Customizable skins and theming
- IP address management and assignment
- Personalized name servers
Direct Admin Features for Hosting Administrators
- Manage multiple admins and resellers
- Customized reseller packaging to predefine sets of enabled features and configuration options.
- User lists.
- DNS management, including record editing for any DNS record stored on the system
- IP Address management and allocation
- Detail system services statistics and management.
Other Features of Direct Admin
- Fully Integrated Help Desk and Support Ticket System
- DirectAdmin provides a complete ticketing help desk solution, integrated right into the control panel, which helps resellers and hosting administrators provide a high level of support with as little hassle as possible.
- This feature can be turned off if you wish to offer support though a different venue.
- Live Updates
- Updates to Direct Admin control panel can be easily installed automatically from the administratorâ€™s â€œLicense / Updateâ€ section, without having to download and install them manually. This makes it easy to stay up to date and secure.
- Completely Customizable
- Every feature of Direct Admin can be toggled on or off globally, by reseller, or by individual account. Administrators can customize what is available to their resellers, and resellers can customize what is available to their own customers.
- Additionally, Direct Admin can be re-skinned or re-branded to any look and fell desired. Existing designs can be imported through the skins menu, or create your own.
- Automatic Recovery From Crashes
- Direct Admin constantly monitors your servers to make sure they are up and running. In the event of a crash, auto restoration is attempted. All crash events and restore attempts are reported to the server administrator immediately.
- Unlimited Accounts and Unlimited Domain Licensing
- There are no limits to the number of resellers, user accounts, or domain names that can be managed from a single installation of Direct Admin.
- In addition to helping you provide support and assistance to your own users and resellers, Direct Admin provides a â€œgenericâ€ support site with detailed instructions for every control panel feature. This support site also provides detailed help and documentation for administrators and resellers.
Direct Admin Web Hosting
Direct Admin is a web hosting control panel. It is a fixed feature of a web hosting provider, not an option for the end user. If you prefer to use Direct Admin for your control panel (instead of, for example, cPanel), you'll need to specifically look for a web host that uses it.
If you are a reseller of web hosting, you can look for a hosting administrator or wholesaler who provides Direct Admin control panel.
Web hosting administrators and providers of hosting infrastructure can contact Direct Admin directly for licensing information. Direct Admin provides a high level of support, including free installation service.