Dolibarr Hosting : Compare Hosting
Oops! No Hosting Plans Match Your Search
You've selected a combination of features that none of the web hosts we profile offer. We suggest you remove your last filter or reset & start again.
Ask Our Experts
Need help with your hosting? Tell us exactly what you are looking for and we’ll do our very best to help. Please allow one working day for a response.
Please fill in all fields.
Thanks! Your request has been sent. We'll reply within 24 hours.
Recommended Host for Dolibarr
What is Dolibarr Hosting?
Dolibarr hosting solutions offer resource planning and relationship management tools that are accessible everywhere. You can customize your experience to fit the needs of your company by choosing which features are active. Aimed at freelancers, foundations and small to medium sized businesses, Dolibarr is a combination enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) software solution. It can be either or both, depending on which modules you activate.
Why Use Dolibarr?
Dolibarr is specifically designed to be easy to use, especially for individuals who lack technical expertise. It's designed to run on virtually all major operating systems and hosting services. Adding to its simplicity is its architecture. Dolibarr is written in PHP and uses MySQL databases.
Because it works with all PHP configurations, without the need to install additional modules, Dolibarr's installation is easier than some packages that are dependent on a variety of other modules and applications. Dolibarr also comes with auto-installer packages for Windows, Mac and Linux, making it easy to install for those without any technical knowledge. The auto-installer also includes Apache, PHP and MySQL.
Although Dolibarr can be installed as a local application, like all ERP/CRM systems, its real strength lies in a Web-based approach. Installed on a hosting server, Dolibarr can be accessed and used anywhere via a Web browser.
There are a number of commercial companies that offer Dolibarr hosting, and will manage things like updates, automatic backups and more. If your current host does not already offer it, the Dolibarr developers provide a number of installation packages for a variety of hosting setups.
Because of Dolibarr's modular design, it's easy to enable or disable specific features, leaving you with a system that is ideally suited for your needs. Here are the main features that are available:
- Customers, prospects or suppliers directory
- Products and services catalog
- Stock management
- Bank accounts management
- Commercial actions management
- Orders management
- Commercial proposals management
- Contracts management
- Invoices management
- Payments management
- Standing orders management
- Shipping management
- Agenda with ical/vcal export for third party integration
- EDM (Electronic Document Management)
- Foundations members management
- Leave requests for employees
- Mass emailing
- Realize surveys
- POS (Point of Sale)
- Donations management
- PDF Generation of all elements (invoices, proposals, orders and more)
- Import and export tools (CSV or Excel)
- Bookmarks management
- LDAP connectivity
Dolibarr's simplicity also extends to its development. It was specifically designed to be easy to modify or create custom modules. For those who would rather not wade into the world of development, there are also additional modules available on DoliStore.com that enable Google Sync, AWStats, Bittorrent integration and much more.
In spite of its impressive feature list, there are still several things Dolibarr doesn't do.
- No accountancy (only bank management).
- Dolibarr natively manages only one currency at once (mono-currency). There is a commercial add-on module to work around this.
- Dolibarr manages only one company/foundation (mono-company). There are ways around this, but none of them are as smooth as a system designed to be multi-company.
- Does not support double VAT (Federal / provincial) for Canada.
- Dolibarr does not contain a Payroll module.
- Project Module tasks cannot have dependencies between each other.
- Dolibarr does not include any Webmail.
The developers point out that these features are not yet available, indicating they may be planned or currently being developed.
What It Costs
Dolibarr is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPL3). You may use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for free.
Dolibarr Pros and Cons
- Powerful features
- Simple to install and manage
- Module-based architecture promotes customization
- Some advanced features are currently missing
Points to Remember
Dolibarr is an exceptionally powerful ERP/CRM system that manages to maintain its simplicity. Due to a modular architecture, you can enable as much or as little functionality as your organization needs.
With its focus on simplicity, Dolibarr is perfect for individuals who lack the technical expertise, or the necessary time, to install, troubleshoot and manage more complex packages. In spite of its simplicity, freelancers and businesses will find that Dolibarr delivers robust features at an unbeatable price. As long as your organization doesn't require any of the features that are not currently implemented, you can't go wrong with Dolibarr.