e107 Hosting : Compare Hosting
Oops! No Hosting Plans Match Your Search
You've selected a combination of features that none of the web hosts we profile offer. We suggest you remove your last filter or reset & start again.
Ask Our Experts
Need help with your hosting? Tell us exactly what you are looking for and we’ll do our very best to help. Please allow one working day for a response.
Please fill in all fields.
Thanks! Your request has been sent. We'll reply within 24 hours.
Recommended Host for e107
What Is e107?
A free and open source content management system (CMS), e107 is a template-based site building application that is the perfect tool for administrators looking to build and manage a professional website. Built in PHP and MySQL, e107 offers a set of powerful tools that are secure and intuitive allowing you the freedom to create a top of the line website.
Small business owners and web entrepreneurs who want to create a professional website but don't have advanced programming knowledge or access to many professional grade design applications often turn to content management systems to create a great looking, professional website.
CMS applications let you create websites using templates and themes and also come with built-in support for advanced media functionality, security and much more. E107 is one of many popular CMS options available to both individuals and businesses.
Installation of e107 can be done using a built in step by step installation process and many hosting providers provide the software as part of their one-click installation services. If performing the installation manually, you can often do it in just a few steps and is fairly easy compared to other content management systems.
E107 offers a wide range of powerful features to help you create the perfect site for your business.
- Strong, Active Community - When using open source software, you want to choose a package that is backed by a strong community of developers and users that can offer assistance to you if you run into problems. E107 offers regular releases to their software and is supported by a strong community that can help you every step of the way.
- Intuitive Administration - The administration area is simple and intuitive making it easy for any website owner to manage their site regardless of their experience level.
- Multi-language support - E107 offers out of the box support for running your website in multiple languages simultaneously without spending a lot of time setting it up. In minutes, your site will be viewable in multiple languages so it can be read across the world.
- HTML5 and jQuery support - E107 comes with built-in support for both HTML5 and jQuery allowing you to include some of the latest and most state of the art features to your website to truly make your site stand out from the crowd.
- Integrated News Plugin - E107 comes with a full-featured news plugin that is perfect for both websites and blogs that wish to display the latest news going on in the world.
- Community tools - When creating any website, you want to build a strong community among your followers. While most systems fail to include systems such as forums and private messaging, e107 ships with support for these systems right out of the box so you can build a large community of visitors all contributing to your site.
- Social Media Integration - There is no arguing the importance of social media today. With e107, you have access to fully integrated social profiles and even shared logins, allowing you to easily build your social media presence as you build your new site.
While the default theme included with e107 is stylish, many may considerate it quite basic in its design. Luckily, there is an entire library of themes available completely free that will help you alter the look of your e107 software and give your website its own unique look all to its own. In addition, you can always jump in and code a new theme specifically for your site. With e107, you have the freedom to use new themes and change them for your needs so you can design the perfect site for your business or online presence.
Like most content management systems, e107 is built to create a complete website filled with content of many different forms. However, many website owners wish to differentiate their websites from others by offering a wide range of features and enhancements designed to improve the user experience and attract new visitors. E107 offers a complete website management package out of the box but also offers a wide range of plugins that can be downloaded to extend its functionality beyond that of just a traditional content management system.
Ease of Use
While e107 is much easier to use compared to building a website from scratch, administrators seeking a platform to design a website for their company or more technically inclined will find e107 much easier to use compared to users with less technical experience. E107 is still miles ahead of many other systems and, of course, coding it yourself, e107 is often more complicated and requires more customization compared to other content management systems.
e107 Hosting Considerations
The e107 CMS is compatible with both Windows and Linux software environments. You'll need File Transfer Protocol (FTP) access to your Web server, and an FTP application for file uploads and maintenance.
Also, e107 requires support for both the PHP HyperText Preprocessor (PHP) language and SQL (Structured Query Language) database management system, but the majority of hosting providers (regardless of operating system) support both natively. The recommended configuration is a standard LAMP setup (i.e., Linux, Apache 2.x, PHP 5.3 or higher, and MySQL 5.0 or higher).
Since it's both free and open-source, e107 should not add to your basic monthly hosting costs. It's also available as a one-click install from many hosts via the hosting control panels included with their hosting packages.