Multiple Domain hosting Hosting : Compare Hosting
Oops! No Hosting Plans Match Your Search
You've selected a combination of features that none of the web hosts we profile offer. We suggest you remove your last filter or reset & start again.
Ask Our Experts
Need help with your hosting? Tell us exactly what you are looking for and we’ll do our very best to help. Please allow one working day for a response.
Please fill in all fields.
Thanks! Your request has been sent. We'll reply within 24 hours.
Recommended Host for Multiple Domain hosting
What Is Multiple Domain Hosting?
How many hosting accounts do you manage for your online activities? While you may believe that you need to have a separate hosting account for every single domain that you own, the fact is you can manage them with one account. All you need to do is sign up for the right hosting plan that allows you to support and manage multiple websites from just one single hosting account.
Not every webmaster only owns one single domain operating just one website. Often website owners own multiple domains and host many different sites. Sometimes these sites can be related or about the same subject, but not always. In many cases website owners could operate sites on a variety of different subjects.
Managing all of these websites and all of the different hosting packages can be difficult and expensive, that is why many website owners choose hosting packages that offer multiple domain hosting options. This allows you to host all of your different domain names with one hosting provider and you can access all of them through one single administration interface instead of having a separate admin panel for each one.
Benefits of Multiple Domain Hosting
Choosing to utilize multiple domain hosting offers many benefits over operating separate hosting accounts for each domain and website that you operate.
- Cost – First, while multiple domain hosting packages are often more expensive than packages that only allow the hosting of one website, even after setting up and operating two domain names you will find that you will save money over paying for several different hosting accounts for each website.
- Management – When you use multiple domain hosting, you will have one admin interface for all of your websites. This will save time when you make changes to your account while making it easier for you to remember how you access all of your websites.
- Simplicity of Expansion – As your web presence grows, so will your hosting needs. With multiple domain hosting, you can divide and organize your content so it is easier for your visitors to search and find.
In truth, you can truly simplify the entire process of managing your domains while also saving a little money in the process simply by choosing a hosting provider that allows multiple domain hosting.
What You Need to Remember
Once you sign up for a hosting account that allows multiple domain hosting and you have configured all of your websites under one account, your work is still not done. While you may have the capability to host as many domain names as you want on your new account, that doesn't mean you have the resources.
All hosting accounts, including those that allow for multiple domain hosting, have a limit on how much bandwidth and storage space you need. Even many of those packages that claim to offer unlimited bandwidth and storage will often scream if you begin to take up too much of their server.
So, before you begin loading up all your domains and releasing them to the world, you need to check with your provider to be sure you have enough bandwidth, storage space, and server capacity to support the load you will be placing on the server. If you don't, you could quickly find yourself out of space for the month forcing you to purchase more resources or make some quick changes to keep your sites online.
Types of Hosting Accounts Offered
When you are searching for the right type of hosting account for your domain names, you will be faced with many different choices. There are a few things you need to keep in mind when choosing the best multiple domain hosting provider for you.
- Number of Domains- Different hosting providers allow different numbers of domains. You will find some that limit the number to just a few and others that are unlimited. Examine your needs and how many you believe your are going to need not only today, but also in the future.
- Bandwidth- All of your different websites will be using bandwidth and will be tallied together for your account. If even one of your sites has a heavy month, you could end up having to purchase more bandwidth. Try to estimate as best you can how much bandwidth you will need and then watch your usage closely to be sure you don't go over.
- Storage- Each website will take up space on the server, and the more you have means the more space you will take. Look carefully at how large the files for your site are before choosing a hosting provider so you can ensure that you have plenty of space on your hosting account to store all the files.
If you are setting out to create a network of websites, one of the best options you should look at are hosting packages that offer multiple domain hosting. Whether you want to host just a couple of sites or fifty, having one single location to manage them can save you time and money in the long run. However, you must make sure whatever hosting package you choose is equipped to handle the extra storage and bandwidth that these multiple sites will cause, or you could find all your sites offline until you purchase more resources from your hosting provider. While you may pay a little more for hosting multiple sites on one account, in the long run it will save you money while also making it easy for you to manage all your websites at the same time.
However, you must make sure whatever hosting package you choose is equipped to handle the extra storage and bandwidth that these multiple sites will cause, or you could find all your sites offline until you purchase more resources from your hosting provider. While you may pay a little more for hosting multiple sites on one account, in the long run it will save you money while also making it easy for you to manage all your websites at the same time.
While you may pay a little more for hosting multiple sites on one account, in the long run it will save you money while also making it easy for you to manage all your websites at the same time.