OrangeHRM Hosting: Compare Hosting
Oops! No Hosting Plans Match Your Search
You've selected a combination of features that none of the web hosts we profile offer. We suggest you remove your last filter or reset & start again.
Ask Our Experts
Need help with your hosting? Tell us exactly what you are looking for and we’ll do our very best to help. Please allow one working day for a response.
Please fill in all fields.
Thanks! Your request has been sent. We'll reply within 24 hours.
Recommended Host for OrangeHRM
What is OrangeHRM Hosting?
OrangeHRM is a Human Resources Management software application. It is available as an Open Source program, and there are also two premium editions available, Professional and Enterprise.
Human Resources Management Software
Human Resources Management Software (HRM) is a form of enterprise content and data management. It is used by employers to organize HR documents and information, such as personnel files, employee records, and compliance forms.
It is also used to carry out routine HR tasks. For example, job applications are often submitted through online HRM systems so that hiring managers can access them all in one place. Onboarding materials and employee training can also be delivered through some HRM systems.
Large organizations are heavily reliant on Enterprise-level HRM systems, because the number of employees is too large for anyone at the executive level to keep track of informally.
Increasingly, small and medium-sized businesses are realizing the benefits of Human Resources Management software, especially as it has become easier to use and more affordable.
OrangeHRM was the first Open Source HR Management system available when it was released in 2006, and has been a leader in bringing HRM software to small and medium enterprises.
Key OrangeHRM Features
- System Administration
- OrangeCRM provides HR Managers centralized control over key HR functions, as well the ability to query and export data on almost every aspect of Human Resources throughout the company.
- User Roles
- With OrangeHRM, employees at different levels within the organization, from front-line labor to C-level executives, can be granted or restricted access to sensitive HR data or everyday HR tasks, based on customizable user roles and permissions.
- Personnel Information Management (PIM)
- This allows you to keep track of your workersâ€™ data and biographical information, as well as work and project history, skill assessment results, and other â€œEmployee Fileâ€ items.
- Vacation and Time off Management
- Automatically keep track of Vacation, Sick Day, and Leave of Absence information, including customizable rules for special needs like accrual policies and local calendars.
- This feature also provides robust reporting for managers, and the ability for employees to look up their available time off and schedule vacations.
- Time & Attendance Management
- OrangeHRM handles time sheets, clock-ins, and absence reporting. Data about hours worked and absenteeism can be viewed for individual employees and also in the aggregate for the whole company or a subset of employees.
- Premium plans can incorporate biometric clock-in devices.
- This set of integrated features helps automate the entire recruiting process. Allow applicants to upload resumes online, automatically parse and search applicant submission, track interview notes, and automate process notifications.
- OrangeHRM allows management to create, customize, administer, and report on employee performance reviews and skills assessments. You can also tie assessment questions or sections to company-specific performance metrics and expectations.
- Develop, deliver, and track job training, employee education, and professional develop with OrangeHRMâ€™s Training features.
- Onboarding and Offboarding
- Track paperwork, certifications, exit interviews, and other onboarding and offboarding records with OrangeHRM. Advanced features include background screening management, deployment and removal of login credentials, and regulatory compliance assistance.
- Document Manager
- Easily template common HR documents such as employee contracts, hiring offer letters, and termination notices. Auto-fill documents with relevant company or employee information, and export to PDF for printing.
- Disciplinary Tracking
- Employee discipline, especially when employment status is at risk, is an especially difficult and legally fraught process. Good record keeping and thorough documentation is an absolute necessity. OrangeHRM helps you manage the discipline process, while keeping sensitive data secure.
- Mobile Access
- Premium OrangeHRM plans include access to their Android Mobile app, which gives employees and managers access to key HR functions at home and on the go. Workers can use the mobile app to clock in and report an unplanned absence. Managers and executives can use it to review personnel files, view reports, and review requests.
OrangeHRM is available in three versions:
- OrangeHRM Open Source
- OrangeHRM Professional
- OrangeHRM Enterprise
The Open Source version is free, although you can purchase support and consulting plans along with it.
All three versions are built from the same code base and offer very similar functionality, but advanced features and modules are limited to the two premium plans. Be sure to check which specific features you need before deciding on a version.
OrangeHRM offers cloud-based subscription access to all three versions of their software, through their OrangeHRM Live offering. This option makes deployment much easier, as there is no setup or installation required. OrangeHRM live is especially attractive for companies that do not have a large internal IT department.
Self Hosting OrangeHRM
All three versions of the OrangeHRM system can be deployed on a companyâ€™s own servers or web hosting accounts.
The requirements for running OrangeHRM are: - Apache HTTP Server 1.3 or later - MySQL 5.0 or later - PHP 5.1.0 or later
Most web hosts are compliant with these requirements already, but you should check before attempting to install. Some web hosting companies even offer easy, one-click installation of OrangeHRM from the control panel.
OrangeHRM Hosting Frequently Asked Questions
What is OrangeHRM?
OrangeHRM is a human resource management solution, available in open-source and commercial releases. OrangeHRM is also available as a hosted (SaaS) application. The software is designed for small and medium businesses.
What do I need to host OrangeHRM? What are the requirements?
If you choose OrangeHRM Live, you don’t need anything. This is a cloud-based subscription service, designed to make deployment easier. However, you can also deploy OrangeHRM on your own servers. You will need Apache 1.3 or later, MySQL 5.0 or later, and PHP 5.1 or later.
How many versions of OrangeHRM are available?
OrangeHRM is available in three different versions. OrangeHRM Open Source is a the free, open-source version, OrangeHRM Professional is designed for small and medium businesses, while OrangeHRM Enterprise is an extendable version of OrangeHRM Professional, designed for global businesses.
I am interested in the open-source version. Is it still useful, or does it lack too many features compared to paid versions?
OrangeHRM Open Source lacks a range of features found on Professional and Enterprise releases. There is no localization, maintenance and support are optional, there is no support for custom user roles, user login management, CSV extraction of reports and so on. However, OrangeHRM Open Source still comes with a lot of core functionality, including employee reports, employee databases and profiles, email notifications, timesheet support, optional corporate branding, and more.
I am not sure I want to deploy it locally. What about OrangeHRM Live?
All three OrangeHRM versions are available through OrangeHRM Live, which means you can use them without deploying OrangeHRM on your own servers. There is no setup, installation, and little in the way of maintenance. OrangeHRM Live is a good option for small companies, or companies that do not have a big IT department. It simply takes deployment out of the equation.
Can I add functionality to OrangeHRM Open Source by buying access to some stuff I may need?
It depends on what you need. You can purchase support and consulting plans with OrangeHRM Open Source, but you won’t get much in the way of additional functionality. In case you need more functionality, you will have to get OrangeHRM Professional.
Are a lot of add-ons available? What do I need to deploy them on my server?
Yes, a number of add-ons are available and you should have no trouble deploying them as long as your server meets the basic OpenHRM requirements (Apache 1.3 or later, MySQL 5.0 or later, and PHP 5.1 or later). Add-ons include CRV extractors, timesheet functionality, expense tracking and more. You can also request customizations to suit your company’s specific requirements.
This is a commercial release and I expect top notch service. What’s the support like?
Four different tiers of support are available for OrangeHRM: Starter, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. You can also purchase support for OrangeHRM Open Source (which comes sans professional support out of the box). OrangeHRM also provides online and onsite training in HR management and its software packages, using Cisco Webex.
How many organizations use OrangeHRM?
Since its launch a decade ago, OrangeHRM has managed to establish itself as one of the leading names in human resource management solutions. It is estimated that OrangeHRM currently has upwards of 1 million users, with partners in North America, Europe, and Asia. The company claims several hundred new downloads each day.
Could you list a few OrangeHRM pros and cons?
OrangeHRM is a very capable solution, but certain versions have certain drawbacks. OrangeHRM Open Source certainly has a lot of appeal for small businesses, but it lacks a number of features that could be useful to small and big organizations alike. This may be its biggest con – if you need a lot of functionalities, the open source version will not suffice. On the other hand, OrangeHRM has a number of cutting edge features, installation and deployment are simple, and the Live version makes deployment even easier.
Ok, I’m sold. How do I install OrangeHRM on my LAMP server?
The installation process is described in detail in the OrangeHRM FAQ section. You need an adequate Apache/PHP/MySQL stack, and then simply follow the guide step by step. Linux installation should be hassle free and OrangeHRM does not have a lot of special requirements – you will merely have to set up database privileges, set passwords and configure a few MySQL parameters.
Is it easy to install on Windows? Anything I need to watch out for?
You should have no problems installing OrangeHRM in a Windows environment. The process is very similar to the Linux installation, you merely need to extract the OrangeHRM source code into an appropriate folder (Apache Server htdocs), create a MySQL database and configure everything from privileges to passwords.
Which license is dotProject published under? Will I incur any additional costs?
Versions 1.x were published under the BSD license while versions 2.0 are published under GPL v2. In other words, dotProject is free to use and licensing should not be an issue. You won’t incur any additional costs if you choose to install it.
I think I will choose OrangeHRM Live instead. What sort of hardware and support service does it offer?
On-demand OrangeHRM Live is hosted RackSpace servers, so reliability should not be an issue. RackSpace is one of the leading names in the industry and there is not a lot to worry about. Besides, you are buying a service, so OrangeHRM should do the worrying for you. However, keep in mind that subscriptions for the hosted service do not include any support. You have to sign up for one of the four different support plans before proceeding to use OrangeHRM’s on-demand service.