Compare PerlDesk Hosting⚙ Filter Results
Oops! No Hosting Plans Match Your Search
You've selected a combination of features that none of the web hosts we profile offer. We suggest you remove your last filter or reset & start again.
Ask Our Experts
Need help with your hosting? Tell us exactly what you are looking for and we’ll do our very best to help. Please allow one working day for a response.
Please fill in all fields.
Thanks! Your request has been sent. We'll reply within 24 hours.
Recommended Host for PerlDesk
What Is PerlDesk Hosting?
PerlDesk is a leading help desk provider whose goal is to improve flexibility and scalability for businesses to provide effective help desk solutions for their customers.
PerlDesk is a completely web based software solution that will save companies both time and money and reduce hassles for both the business and its customers. Using PerlDesk, companies can better manage support issues and streamline the process to improve efficiency and increase customer satisfaction.
If you're running an e-commerce website, or you provide online services through your website, a help desk or trouble ticket system is a must. Your customers need a way to get in touch with you when they need help, and to alert you to problems with your system. Without that kind of communication, your site may be malfunctioning without your knowledge, causing you to lose customers and revenue until the problem is addressed. One help desk solution to explore is perlDesk.
PerlDesk comes with many features designed to help businesses more efficiently handle help desk issues with their customers. These features include troubleshooting, user and staff management, detailed statistic tracking, ticket tracking and more. Some of the key features you will find while using the software are:
- Knowledge Base – Create a directory of articles that your customers can access to attempt to solve their problems on their own before they contact your business for help.
- Request Management – When new tickets are created and submitted, each request is assigned a tracking number so both your staff and customer can track the status of their ticket as it moves through your system.
- Graphical Reporting – Users can easily see the number of tickets that have been received as well as where it came from and when. These statistics can be viewed in a graph or in text form for rich statistical tracking so you can ensure your help desk is running efficiently and effectively.
- Customer Support Portal – Customers can submit requests, search articles, browse through FAQs and more with an efficient and well designed customer support portal.
- Access Anywhere – Since PerlDesk is web based technology, you can easily access your help desk from anywhere. All you need is a web browser and Internet access. This enables your support team and customers both easier access to your system that will allow for all trouble tickets to move more quickly through your system.
- Template Design – PerlDesk features a template driven design that makes it easy for you to customize the look of your new help desk support site to match your company and you can quickly alter the look of PerlDesk to reach the design of your choice.
- Email Handling – Customers don't have to visit the site in order to submit a new ticket. PerlDesk will create tickets based on emails that are received further improving the process of ticket submission for your customers.
- Multiple Departments – PerlDesk allows you to create multiple departments to further organize the tickets submitted by your customers. This allows you to divide larger help desk teams into specific groups that handle specific problems that your customers may experience.
- Troubleshooters – PerlDesk also supports a flexible troubleshooter system that allows you to create graphical troubleshooters that are interactive so you can provide the ultimate guides to your customers.
With such a wide range of features, you may think PerlDesk is difficult to deploy. However, PerlDesk is designed to be installed and setup in a manner of minutes. In just a few short minutes, your company could transform its help desk system and your business could begin improving your customer support services almost instantly.
As its name suggests, PerlDesk is written in the Perl programming language. It's both help desk software and an email management solution all wrapped into one web based software solution. You can manage your entire customer service department—whether it's one person or an entire team—using PerlDesk. Having a system like this in place allows you to respond quickly to requests for assistance, and to address bugs and other site issues before they cause damage both to your site and your reputation.
PerlDesk is not operating system-based; it's a Web hosting system in itself. This means it must be installed directly to your server in order to function. You'll need both an Apache and a MySQL server to run PerlDesk. Your best website hosting option will then be either a virtual private server plan, or dedicated server hosting.
PerlDesk is one of the most popular free and open source help desk solutions on the market. It is currently in use by over 7,000 companies across the country and this figure is growing every day. Needless to say, if your business chooses to adopt this open source help desk system, you won't be alone and there are pages upon pages of documentation to help you implement the software the right way. If you need help, there is an extensive knowledge base for you to search and many fans of the software are more than happy to help.
PerlDesk will help keep your customers happy by streamlining the process and keeping your tickets moving. Customers will no longer get lost in the shuffle as you can easily track the process of each trouble ticket every step of the way. With its added features that help customers solve their problems themselves, your employees will have to deal with a lighter load of tickets giving them more time to focus on customers who are having the worst troubles. This will increase your customer satisfaction while reducing your customer support costs at the same time. This makes PerlDesk a potential valuable asset to any company that wants to use technology to enhance their help desk support system.
PerlDesk Hosting Frequently Asked Questions
What is PerlDesk?
PerlDesk is a web based, help desk software solution that allows you to create a support portal for your customers to browse documentation, read help files and file tickets for support.
Is PerlDesk widely used by other companies?
Yes it is. PerlDesk is well established across the nation and currently powers thousands of support sites for companies and education systems. PerlDesk is used by over 7,000 companies including Financial Credit Union, George Mason University, Utah State University, and more.
How much does PerlDesk cost?
PerlDesk is distributed completely free and available for all companies and individuals at no charge. However, support will be left up to you although PerlDesk does offer several plans that enable you to get access to support.
Will my server run PerlDesk?
PerlDesk is, as the name suggests, based on the Perl programming language. As such, it requires a web server running Apache to run along with a MySQL server to power the databases that it needs to track tickets and operate. While most hosting packages will cover the technology needed for it to run, if you run a popular help desk customer portal you will find that you will have the best performance using a virtual private server or a dedicated server instead of shared hosting.
What help desk features does PerlDesk have?
PerlDesk is a complete help desk software application that provides the ability for your customers to contact customer support by creating new tickets and then tracking those tickets every step of the way. In addition, it provides tools to create online FAQs and other helpful knowledge bases that will allow your customers to search and find their problem without having to contact support.