Compare Xpoze Hosting⚙ Filter Results
Oops! No Hosting Plans Match Your Search
You've selected a combination of features that none of the web hosts we profile offer. We suggest you remove your last filter or reset & start again.
Ask Our Experts
Need help with your hosting? Tell us exactly what you are looking for and we’ll do our very best to help. Please allow one working day for a response.
Please fill in all fields.
Thanks! Your request has been sent. We'll reply within 24 hours.
Recommended Host for Xpoze
What is Xpoze?
Xpose is a complete ecommerce and image gallery solution to get you started selling proprietary images online. Xpoze provides an image gallery script that’s ideal for stock photography websites. The product is customizable and intuitive, and affordable for an array of image gallery styles.
What is Xpoze used for?
Xpoze is a great solution to power a stock photography website. Xpoze is much more than just an image gallery script. It’s the engine to power your entire digital ecommerce website.
Xpoze gives you the power to convert more visitors into paying customer by offering a great performing site with a simple and clean user interface. Xpoze supports multiple photographer accounts so you can use Xpoze to host a stock photography website with multiple contributing photographers who can manage their image library on their own.
What is unique about Xpoze?
The Xpoze basic software package includes everything you need to get your digital image ecommerce site up and running. However, additional add-on modules are offered that will extend the functionality of the site to include things like basic image editing and support selling videos in addition to images.
The standard software package includes all of the following features:
- Everything you need to make a great looking site and keep it organized: slideshow module, multiple templates, the ability to create custom pages, fully-customizable CSS, unlimited image categories, unlimited image keywords, unlimited images, and auto-generated thumbnails and sample images.
- Great functionality for your users: ability to view images in original view or to zoom in for details, support for multiple download sizes and a variety of licenses, support for collections which allow you to offer a bundled image package, a powerful search feature with sortable results, and direct download after purchase by email or directly from the site (with link auto expiration).
- Marketing tools to help you keep in touch with your customers: HTML newsletter feature, search history for every registered user, RSS feed integration, and SEO friendly pages and urls.
- Powerful administration tools: a dynamic sitemap generated automatically, a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) content editor, site and user account statistics, optional administrator photo approval, and browser-based photo uploads including powerful batch upload up to 2 GB.
- Breadcrumbs to lead users to popular and relevant images: automatic image ranking, ability to favorite images, photo reviews, keyword search, find photos based on photographer, latest and most popular image views, and image view and download counters.
- eCommerce integration: shopping cart, all photos water-stamped, secure user registration system, PayPal support, and Skrill (formerly MoneyBookers) support enabling payment by credit card.
What does Xpoze cost?
As of May 2015 the standard Xpoze software package costs $225. For that amount you receive a license for a single site installation, one year of free upgrades, and lifetime support.
There are also four popular add-on modules available for an additional fee.
The iPoze module is a Windows desktop application to simplify image uploads, and provide access to account statistics and private messages.
If you’re looking for a way to upload images faster than the standard browser-based upload features Batch Upload will let you do that. Batch Upload provides the ability to queue a large number of files for upload then take care of other business while your upload is in progress.
You may want to sell videos as well as images. If so, Plus Video will add-on the capability to sell videos from your Xpoze powered website. Xpoze with the Plus Video module will accept videos in avi, mpeg, or wmv format. After unload Plus Video converts a copy of the video to a low quality format and extracts six thumbnails to be used as a preview.The original video is stored securely and only delivered after purchase.
Basic photo editing can be added to you Xpoze installation by purchasing the Brushy Photo module. Brushy Photo provides basic editing capabilities such as flip, rotate, crop, and some basic filters. Edited images can be saved as a new image, or to replace the original. This add-on is provided primarily to provide the ability to rotate images for users who upload photos directly from their camera or storage device without rotating them prior to upload.
What are some alternatives to Xpoze?
If you’re considering Xpoze there are a few other alternatives to consider. Here are a few other providers of complete ecommerce and image gallery solutions similar to Xpoze:
- PhotoStore by ktools: a self-hosted professional photo gallery & shopping cart software.
- Stockbox Photo Gallery Software: an affordable solution for photographers, artists and artisans to display and sell their work online.
- Photo Video Store Script: a PHP and Ajax based script that is a complete solution for selling your photos, images, artwork, audio, videos, vector illustrations and prints online.
How do I install Xpoze?
Xpoze is a self-hosted software package. So you will need to locate a suitable hosting provider and purchase server space to host your Xpoze installation. Xpoze states that most shared hosts provide the necessary technology and bandwidth to host the software and even provide a helpful list of recommended hosting providers. To further simplify the process, and help you avoid headaches, Xpoze also provides a list of “Not Recommended Hosting” providers who have a history of unreliability or incompatibility with the Xpoze script.
Xpoze will run on both Linux and Windows servers, so long as they allow the programming language PHP Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) 5.3 (or a later PHP version) and the MySQL database management system.
Question & Answers
Can the appearance of websites powered by Xpoze be modified?
Yes, you will have complete thematic control over the appearance of your website. Technical skills in PHP, HTML, and CSS are necessary to perform extensive customization. Xpoze also offers pre-designed themes for sale that are offered with exclusive rights (if you buy it, they won’t sell it to anyone else), or they will design a custom theme for you for a fee.
What about security? How secure is Xpoze?
Xpoze has built-in integration with Paypal and Skrill (formerly MoneyBookers) to provide secure transactions. While Xpoze does not provide the details they security is built-in for database contents and user uploads.