Zenphoto Hosting : Compare Hosting
Oops! No Hosting Plans Match Your Search
You've selected a combination of features that none of the web hosts we profile offer. We suggest you remove your last filter or reset & start again.
Ask Our Experts
Need help with your hosting? Tell us exactly what you are looking for and we’ll do our very best to help. Please allow one working day for a response.
Please fill in all fields.
Thanks! Your request has been sent. We'll reply within 24 hours.
Recommended Host for Zenphoto
What is Zenphoto Hosting?
Zenphoto is a standalone Content Management System that focuses on beautifully displaying images and other media, such videos and audio. Zenphoto is written in PHP and is Open Source software. In addition to its wide range of built in features, it is highly extensible through an ecosystem of third-party plugins. Additionally, the look and feel of a Zenphoto powered website can be customized by the theming system.
Most content management systems (CMS) have a focus primarily on text and blogging. In these text-centric CMSes, visual media is a secondary concern. But Zenphoto is focused first on providing an easy to use and professional looking website for displaying visual content. At the same time, blogging and other text-focused content features have not been left out.
Key Zenphoto Features
- File-based, not database
- You can use the logged-in user interface in order to upload files, but you can also add them directly to the file storage system through FTP or other means. You can even upload .zip archives, and Zenphoto will unpack the images and media files into the proper media directories. Zenphoto provides an easy to use, drag-and-drop user interface for uploading and managing files.
- Full-featured Search
- Zenphoto lets you find and organize your photos through a set of robust search engine features that matche titles, descriptions, meta-data, and tags. You can also save searches and turn them into the criteria for dynamic albums.
- Scheduled publishing
- Uploaded photos and albums can be schedule to appear at a certain time in the future.
- Allow visitors to subscribe to your media updates through the Really Simple Syndication protocol, which lets them view your posts in the RSS reader of their choice.
- Add your personal branding, website or email address, or copyright notice to all of your photos with automatic watermarking.
Easy image sorting Zenphoto provides an easy to use, drag-and-drop interface for organizing photos, creating albums, and publishing image sets.
- Wide range of file formats and extension supported
- Images: .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png
- Video: .mp4, .m4a, .flv, .mov, .3gp, .ogv, .webm
- Audio: .mp3, .m4a, .fla, .webma, .oga
- Other: .txt, .html, .pdf, .pps
- Display albums and photo sets in dynamic slide shows with custom timing and transitions.
- Engage with your site visitors by letting them comment and discuss your photos and other media.
- Blogging and Content Management
- Add blog posts and custom pages to turn your Zenphoto site into a full-fledged, media-focused Content Management System.
- User Management
- Grant management access to multiple users, with fine grained control of user permission and page-level access.
- Internationalization and Localization
- The backend interface is fully translatable, and is already available in eleven languages.
- Subdomain support for multi-language site-wide translation.
- Theme system
- Zenphoto's theme system is highly customizable, allowing users and developers to control every aspect of the way the site displays. Zenphoto comes with five standard themes included, which each have their own customizable options and color schemes. Additionally, there are over 50 custom themes already developed and ready for use. You can also code your own Zenphoto theme in HTML, CSS, and PHP.
Zenphoto's Plugin System
Zenphoto has a sophisticated hook-and-filter system that makes it easy to develop powerful plugins that extend and improve the functionality of the software.
Over a hundred plugins are officially supported and included in the Zenphoto release package. These plugins provide essential functions, like embedding Google Analytics code, managing ads, and helping to fight spam.
Plugins are also used to manage integrations to other services, such as automatically posting to FaceBook whenever a new photo is published, or allowing users to log in with their Google account.
If you can't find what you are looking for in an existing plugin, you can even build your own.
- PHP 5.2 or later
- MySQL 5.x or later
- At least 25 mb for code
- The following PHP extensions
- GD graphics library or Imagick
- The following PHP settings
- safe mode off (recommended)
- magic_quotes off (recommended)
- register globals off (required)
You'll also need plenty of space to hold all of your files. (And don't forget to back them up.)
Most web hosting providers support the features required for Zenphoto, though there might be issues such as specific PHP settings, or version differences. Be sure to check.
Some hosts explicitly support Zenphoto, and some even provide simple, one-click installation of Zenphoto through their admin control panel.