Ideahost is a web hosting company that offers one low-cost unlimited shared hosting plan. Ideahost belongs to the EIG family of web hosting companies, alongside famous hosts like Bluehost, A Small Orange, and FatCow. Their goal is to make getting your ideas online as easy and simple as possible, even when you're on a tight budget.
With ideahost's one plan, you can host unlimited domains. You also get a free domain registration for the entire life of your hosting plan, and bandwidth and storage space are unmetered (meaning there are no set limits, and plenty of resources available for most websites).
When you set up your new account with ideahost, you can choose to either use their drag-and-drop website building tool, SiteBuilder, or more tech-savvy users can choose the cPanel option.
SiteBuilder includes thousands of templates, so you can easily create a simple but professional-looking website in minutes. You can also set up one email account at your new domain. Ideahost also provides an ecommerce site building tool (for an additional monthly fee) that includes PayPal integration.
More tech-savvy users can install WordPress and other popular software applications in one click from your cPanel dashboard. If you choose cPanel instead of the SiteBuilder tool, you can set up unlimited email accounts.
Support is available 24/7 via phone, email, or live chat — and they guarantee your phone call will be answered within 2 minutes. Phone support is based in the United States. They also have an online support center with plenty of step-by-step tutorials on setting up your first website.
Ideahost is a great choice for beginners to hosting who just want to get a simple but good-looking website online quickly and cheaply.
Think ideahost might be a good fit for you? You can try them out with no risk, because they offer a 45-day money back guarantee. And though their prices are already incredibly low, we've partnered with them to provide exclusive deals that'll save you even more.
Here's how to get started.
Use our special link to save big on IdeaHost, and get your idea online. No coupon code is needed, just follow our special link.
How to Use Our ideahost Coupon
1. Click our link to ideahost on this page. Using our link will automatically apply our exclusive discount pricing. Don't worry; it'll open up in a new window so you can still follow along here.
2. Click on the “Get Started Now” button to start the signup process.
3. On the next screen, you can choose to either register a new domain for free, or transfer an existing domain you've already registered elsewhere.
4. If you've chosen to register a new domain, you'll see on the next page whether or not it's available.
5. Below that, you can choose a hosting package. Though ideahost advertises just one hosting plan, they have a few different options during checkout. The first plan limits your disk space to 500 MB, and doesn't include the SiteBuilder option (cPanel only). The highest level plan includes some advertising credits.
6. On the next page, fill in your name, email address, and a strong unique password to create your new account with ideahost. Then click the Continue button.
7. On the next page, enter your contact information at the top.
8. Below that, verify that the discount has been applied to your account. Choose your billing period (1, 12, or 24 months - the longer the cycle, the greater the discount).
9. Scroll down to enter your billing information. You can pay via credit card or Paypal.
Congrats! You're ready to get started setting up your first website with ideahost.
Ideahost Coupon Q&As
Which hosting plan should I choose?
Though ideahost advertises just one hosting plan, during checkout they actually give you three options.
The mid-level plan is the most popular, and for good reason. There isn't much difference between the three plans.
The first level plan just limits your disk space to 500MB, and doesn't include the SiteBuilder option. Unless you know you're going to host a very small website, and won't need the drag-and-drop SiteBuilder to create your website, there's no reason to choose this one.
The highest level plan is the same as the mid level plan, except it includes $300 in advertising credits. Most web hosts include this feature for free with their basic web hosting plans. Unless you're sure you're going to take advantage of these credits, in the long run it isn't worth it.
Bottom line: most web hosting customers should just choose the mid-level plan.
Can I choose month-to-month billing?
Yes, you can choose monthly billing.
What other billing cycles do they offer?
You can choose to pay for 1, 12, or 24 months at a time.
Is domain registration free?
Yes. While many hosts offer a free domain registration for 1 year, ideahost offers one free domain registration for the life of your web hosting plan.
If you register a domain for free through ideahost and then cancel your account, a $15 fee will be deducted for the registration, and you can keep the domain name.
What types of payment do they accept?
You can pay via credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express) or Paypal.
Can I use Paypal to purchase a hosting plan?
Yes, ideahost accepts payments via Paypal.
Is there a money-back guarantee?
Yes, there's a 45 day money back guarantee for hosting fees only. If you cancel within the first 45 days after creating your account, you can be refunded your hosting fees. If you registered a free domain through ideahost, a $15 fee will be deducted from your refund and you can keep the domain.
Will my price go up when my hosting plan renews?
Yes, because ideahost, like many web hosting companies, advertises a discounted fee for the initial billing period. When your web hosting account renews, it will be billed at the normal rate. Make sure to check what their normal rates are before signing up.
The longer the initial billing period you select (up to 24 months), the longer your initial discount will be applied. Also, when your web hosting account renews, your monthly rate will be cheaper if you have a longer billing period.Get Our ideahost Deal