How to Earn Bitcoin with Affiliate Programs
The world of bitcoin is filled with honest people who just want to do business with other honest people. But bitcoin's focus on privacy has attracted many criminals. As a result, scams, pyramid schemes, and rackets are common. If you are going to be involved with bitcoin, you must be hyper-vigilant. The watchword for bitcoin investment: beware!
In putting together this list, we have done our best to find companies that seem to be legit. But you must still do your own due diligence. And if you find that we've listed a dud, or that we haven't listed a great company, drop us a line. We'd love to hear from you.
Bitcoin is a distributed, digital currency. It enables nearly-free, instantaneous transfers around the world, and can be anonymous. Sounds great, right? Now you just have to get some bitcoins.
Buying and Selling Bitcoins
The quickest and easiest way to acquire bitcoin is to simply buy some. Careful though: the exchange rate can fluctuate dramatically.
Bitcoin Retail Sales and Online Wallets
- Coinbase is a cloud-based bitcoin wallet and exchange service; referrals for new customers are rewarded with bitcoin commissions.
- CoinMama allows users to buy and sell bitcoins with credit cards or even with cash. They pay bitcoin commissions for new customer referrals.
- Coin Corner sells bitcoins, runs a BTC wallet app, and provides bitcoin payment processing for websites. And they have an affiliate program.
- Express Coin is a retail bitcoin seller and wallet provider with an afilliate program.
Bitcoin Exchange and Forex
- Bitcoin.de is a German bitcoin exchange, and the largest bitcoin exchange in Europe. They have an affiliate program that pays out on all transactions for referred customers.
- LocalBitcoins is a marketplace that connects buyers and sellers locally, usually to facilitate cash transactions. They have an affiliate program that pays commissions on trades from referred users.
- Lake BTC is bitcoin exchange that allows users to buy and sell bitcion in a variety of currencies and with a number of payment methods. They also run a multi-tier affiliate referral program.
- BitMEX provides a platform for highly leveraged speculative bitcoin trading, and a mutally beneficial affiliate program.
- HitBTC is a bitcoin trading platform with a focus on advanced technology, featuring a low-latency API for automated trading bots. Commissions for their affiliate program begin at 20%.
- Crypto Facilities is a London-based firm that provides risk management and hedging strategies for high-end digital currency speculators. Information about their affiliate program is available to registered users.
- Coinmate is a bitcoin exchange with a focus on ease of use. They have an incredible 50% of fees referral program.
- VirWox, the Virtual World Exchange, is a trading platform for buying and selling virtual currency from a wide variety of online games such as Second Life and World of Warcraft. Bitcoins can also be traded, and there is an affiliate program.
- Haas Online sells bitcoin trading software that allows you to automate speculative day-trading in bitcoin and several other alternative currencies. You can earn a commission on all software purchases with their affiliate program.
- +500 Affiliates is a Forex affiliate program that includes bitcoin trading. Affiliate payments are made in fiat currency (regular money — not bitcoin).
- SimpleFX is Forex trading platform that allows trading in several fiat currencies, altcoins, metals, commodities, and bitcoin. They run a multi-level affiliate program.
- 1Broker is a Forex and bitcoin trading platform offering (among other things) bitcoin-related CFDs. Create an account to learn about their referral bonus program.
- Ava Partner is the affiliate program for the Avatrade Forex platform, and is one of the largest Forex affiliate programs in the world.
- eToro is a social investing platform, which means that you can day-trade and also follow other investors, copy their strategies, interact with the community — it combines a day trading platform with the benefits of a social networking site. Their affiliate program is eToro Partners.
- BitBay offers fast trading in bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum, and offers an affiliate program.
- Igot is a fast-growing bitcoin exchange that advertises $0 transaction fees. They have a modest referral program.
- Alfa Cashier is an altcoin exchange that trades a number of currencies, including bitcoin. They have a tiered-payout affiliate program.
- Camp BX is an advanced, US-based bitcoin and currency exchange market. Registered users can earn commission with their "Friends and Family Referral Program."
Other Bitcoin Financial Services
- Bitbond is a peer-to-peer bitcoin lending network with an affiliate program.
- CoinTracking is an analysis and accounting tool for tracking bitcoin earnings, calculating taxes, and understanding trading profitability. They run a discount referral program.
Bitcoins are rewarded to server nodes that run proof-of-work calculations which help make the bitcoin network function. This process is called bitcoin mining.
- MinerGate runs a distributed mining pool, which pays out based on proportionate contribution to earned bitcoins. There is an affiliate program.
Poker, Casino & Gambling
Online gambling is subject to strict regulation in many locations, so make sure that you know the rules in your area before playing. Also, bitcoin gambling is unusually rife with scams and shady dealing; keep on your guard, and remember that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Coin Controller is a game of bitcoin hot-potato. You buy a token, then sell the token to the next person for a little more, until the game resets periodically. Their affiliate program is very easy to sign up for.
- BitCasino is a large gaming website with hundreds of options for gambling with Bitcions. They run a fairly lucrative affiliate program.
- BetChain is another bitcoin gaming site with a lot of options and an affiliate program.
- Direct Bet is a sports betting site that allows any type of sports betting in a variety alt currencies in addition to bitcoin. They have also recently added an online casino. They have an affiliate program.
- BetMoose operates a betting and prediction market, using bitcoin. Information about their referral program is available to registered users.
- Fortune Jack is a bitcoin-based online casino with tons of games and a highly-respected affiliate program.
- 7Bit Casino runs online games and uses bitcoin for payments and payouts. Their affiliate program is called 7-bit partners.
- Battle Coin gives you the chance to win bitcoin from other players in head-to-head battles. Registered players can refer new players.
- 10xBTC runs a lottery every few minutes; winnings are paid out in bitcoin. They run a generous affiliate program.
- Bit Bandit is a dead-simple bitcoin slot machine, with a straightforward affiliate program.
- Chain Games lets you earn money by embedding bitcoin betting games on your own website.
- MULTICRYPTOS lets players bet in investments games.
- BitcoinRush runs a provably fair casino and bitcoin sportsbook.
- Satoshi36 runs a roulette-like bitcoin betting game.
- Bitcoin Video Casino is a simple, but fun, casino gaming site. Their affiliate program requires no sign up.
- Betcoin.ag is a bitcoin and Litecoin casino, sportsbook, and poker room. They offer lifetime payouts and live support for their affiliate program
There's no such thing as really free bitcoins. The following websites pay out bitcoins in exchange for relatively simple tasks, like visiting sites or viewing ads.
- Bitvisitor pays out bitcoins for visiting websites, or for referring other users.
- Coin Bucks pays users bitcoins for filling out promotional offers, taking surveys, and downloading apps — or by referring other people to do the same.
- These sites don't (currently) have affiliate programs, but they are worth mentioning:
Bitcoin Tools for Webmasters
These bitcoin services are designed for people who build, run, or manage websites.
Hosting and Domain Name Registrars
- BitDomain.biz allows you to purchase domain names for bitcoins.
- Bitcoin Web Hosting provides anonymous shared, VPS, and dedicated server hosting plans for bitcoin payments.
- BitronicTech is another web hosting company that allows payment in bitcoin.
- Cinfu offers several types of web hosting plans, payable in bitcoins.
- Namecheap is a low-cost domain registrar and hosting service that accepts bitcoin for payments. They have an affiliate and a reseller program.
- Namesilo is a low-cost domain registrar only — no hosting or other services. They have great tools for domain management and email forwarding, and they accept bitcoin.
- Anonymous Ads allows advertisers to publish ads anonymously and pay publishers in bitcoin for clicks or impressions.
- CoinURL provides interstitial and contextual ads, and pays publishers in bitcoin.
- Bitcoin PR Buzz is a press release service focused on bitcoin-related ventures. They accept bitcoin and other alt-currencies as payment, and run a reseller program.
- GoURL is a bitcoin payment gateway that allows you to monetize your content easily with BTC-powered paywalls. Their affiliate program provides a lifetime revenue share for referred users.
- GoCoin is a standard payment gateway for bitcoin, with a modest affiliate program.
Bitcoin is not as anonymous as many people believe. All bitcoin transactions are recorded on a blockchain, which is a public ledger. While the owner of a bitcoin repository is not necessarily known, it is possible for anyone to follow the movement bitcoin to and from that repository, reducing or even eliminating the user's privacy.
A number of services have been developed to help keep you and your bitcoins anonymous. The most common of these are mixing services that combine bitcoin repositories of various users. We don't feel comfortable enough with this process at this point to list any of these services, but you may want to check them out yourself.
Currently, there is only one service we are comfortable with. But as usual, you must perform your own due diligence.
- Private Internet Access is an anonymous Virtual Private Network provider, helping you to conceal your online activity. They have an affiliate program as well.
- Bitcoin Megaphone is a micropublishing site that allows anyone to publish short posts for tiny amounts of bitcoin. Other users can tip posts in bitcoin as well.
- Trees sells craft cannabis in beautiful wooden boxes, delivered to your door (as long as your door is in the San Fransisco Bay Area). They have an affiliate program, of course.
There are a lot of ways to earn, buy, and spend bitcoins online. And with bitcoin affiliate programs, you can make money when other people earn, buy, and spend bitcoins. Bitcoins are still volatile, and it's still a speculative technology — but it gets a little more stable every day. The best time to get started with bitcoins might be... right now!
More Bitcoin Resources on WhoIsHostingThis
If you are interested in bitcoin, we have a lot of other resources for you:
- Hosts that Accept Bitcoin: compare hosts that accept bitcoin payments using our hosting feature comparison tool.
- Bitcoin-Friendly Web Hosting: our in-depth discussion of the subject, including pros and cons of bitcoin for hosting, and a look at some hosts and domain registrars that are bitcoin-friendly.
- Also see our infographics for visual introductions to a number of bitcoin related topics:
The Most Exciting Thing About Bitcoin Isn't Bitcoin
Want to understand what's going on "under the hood" of bitcoin? Check out our infographic, The Most Exciting Thing About Bitcoin Isn't Bitcoin It explains blockchain, the decentralized record-keeping system that bitcoin is built on.