Last updated: April 23, 2018
How To Double Your Facebook Likes in 5 Minutes Per Day
Despite recent concerns over a decrease in organic reach for its business users, Facebook remains a powerful and relevant part of effective online marketing and social interaction for many companies. With more than 1.3 billion active users (680 million of whom access the site from mobile devices) the social media giant is a potential goldmine for brands who can leverage its capabilities—even if they’re not interested in paying to promote their posts. Garnering a greater number of Facebook likes takes dedicated effort and promotion, but may prove to be worth the effort for companies willing to invest the time and energy to build real relationships with their followers.
Active and regular sharing of content on your page is a great way to interact with the people who follow you (and also boosts your Edgerank, the metric Facebook uses to determine reach). As with your company’s own page, the quality of the content you share on your Facebook page matters. To encourage interaction and sharing, make sure your content is high-quality and relevant to your audience’s interests and needs.
Photos and other visual content are one of the most powerful ways to share on Facebook, generating 53 percent more likes and 104 greater engagement when compared to the average text post. Again, relevance is key—when a post is related to a user’s personal identity or causes they support, their sharing rates climb as high as 84 percent.
It’s not just about broadcasting and sharing, however. To maximize your reach (and likes) on Facebook, you’ll need to interact frequently (and genuinely) with other pages, your followers, and potential partners. Liking pages, commenting on posts, and contributing your expertise and insights to ongoing conversations can work wonders, as can addressing any feedback, questions, or concerns from your followers in a timely fashion. You can also connect your Facebook account to Twitter for automatic reposts and shares, but remember that Twitter is a very different environment, and its users have different expectations and behaviors.
Facebook may be moving to a more aggressive pay-for-play model for its business users, but dedicated and savvy users can still take advantage of the site’s potential to review and share content, build an audience, and connect with their social media fanbase to boost their likes as they work toward social media success.
Check out the rest of this series, and become a social media powerhouse!
- Double Your Pinterest Followers in Just Five Minutes a Day
- Double Your Instagram Followers in Just Five Minutes a Day
- Double Your LinkedIn Connections in Just Five Minutes a Day
- Double Your Twitter Followers in Just Five Minutes a Day
Double Your Facebook Likes in Just 5 Minutes Per Day
There are more than 1 billion active Facebook users around the world, and this number is continually growing. If you don’t already have your company on Facebook, now is the time to join. Follow these tips to increase your likes and connections on Facebook.
- Connect with other Facebook Page admins with a similar demographic to yours then cross-promote with them.
- For example, ice cream shop owners can connect and cross promote with a pizza shop near them since they likely have the same customers.
- Invite your email subscribers via email, provide them with a description and an incentive to like your page.
- According to HubSpot, 80% of social media users prefer to connect with brands via Facebook.
- Share content with your fans so they will share it with their friends.
- Every time you publish something on your blog, share it on Facebook.
- Share original content and compelling photos that are appropriate for your audience and will catch their attention.
- According to Ipsos, photos are the most popular type of content shared on social media, with 43% of survey respondents indicating they do so.
- Post frequently about something newsworthy and relevant to your readers.
- Keep these findings from a New York Times study in mind when considering the type of content you post:
- 49% of social media users share content that allows them to inform others about things they care about and have the potential to change opinions or encourage action.
- 68% of social media users share content so they can give their friends a better sense of who they are and what they care about.
- 84% of social media users share content that allows them support causes they care about.
- Comment on other pages where your target audience is already having conversations.
- Start by liking the pages then keep an eye on their posts that pop up in your news feed.
- Make sure your comments add to the conversation and help you build relationships.
- Tread lightly when doing this, you don’t want to cross any lines and upset other page owners.
- Share and tag your business page from your personal Facebook account.
- If you host any live events, take lots of photos then encourage your fans to tag themselves.
- Offer your fans discounts or specials.
Link to Twitter
- Link your Facebook page to your Twitter account.
- Your Facebook posts will automatically be posted to your Twitter account.
- You can choose what gets posted (status updated, photos, links etc.)
- Facebook will shorten your post in order to fit the 140 characters on Twitter.
- If you choose to do this, remember that Twitter is completely different than Facebook and requires management other than linking the two.
Host a Contest
- It’s not free, but may lead to more likes on your page.
- You will have to pay for a Facebook app to run the contest, but they are inexpensive and easy to use.
- Some popular contest apps include Rafflecopter, Wildfire Promotion Builder and ShortStack.
- Use the app to make contestants like your page before entering the contest.
- Use the contest to promote your service or product in a fun way.
- According to Kontest App, the best duration for a contest is 25 or 60 days.
- Most popular prize categories:
Use Advertising to your Advantage
- Use Facebook advertising to generate more likes.
- Sponsored Like Stories allow you to advertise your business’s page to friends of those that have already liked your page.
- Regular Facebook targeting features allow you to choose your demographic instead of your fans’ friends.
- When using Facebook ads, make sure to rotate them daily, conversion rates can drop by 50% after the first 24 hours the ad is up.
- The Supre Fashion Brand advertised on Facebook and gained 40,000 likes.
- Facebook analyzed 60 ad campaigns and found that 70% had a 3X (or greater) return on ad spend.
Promote Your Facebook Pages
Promoting online, in emails and on your site is important, but it is also important to promote offline.
- Promote your Facebook page everywhere!
- In your store window:
- Display a sign in your store window encouraging customers like your page.
- Business cards:
- Use a simple customized user name that is easy for others to read and search for online.
- Add links or info on your Facebook page to all types of advertising (magazine, newspapers, radio, TV).
- Marketing material:
- Include your Facebok info on all of your marketing material, including brochures, magazines, posters, media packets and promotional material.
- Include your Facebook info on all promotional materials used at your event, whether it is a poster at your stand or on flyers you are handing out.
- When you meet new people, make new connections, have phone calls or meetings, mention your page and encourage them to like it.
- Facebook ads – facebook.com
- Infographic: 10+ things you didn’t know about online contests – kontestapp.com
- What Is the Most Popular Content Shared on Social Media? – socialmediatoday.com
- Majority (71%) of Global Internet Users “Share” on Social Media Sites – lpsos-na.com
- Why You Shouldn’t Link Your Company’s Facebook Account to Twitter – socialmediatoday.com
- 15+ Stats to Know Before Running Your Next Social Media Contest [INFOGRAPHIC] – hubspot.com
- 7 Reasons Why Your Business Needs a Custom Facebook Landing Page – shero.com
- 12 Revealing Marketing Stats About Facebook for Business – hubspot.com
- Number of active users at Facebook over the years – yahoo.com
- 20 Ways to Increase Your Facebook Likes and Engagement – jeffbullas.com
- 21 Creative Ways To Increase Your Facebook Fanbase – socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook Contest Apps – guavabox.com
- 10 Ways to Grow Your Facebook Following – socialmediaexaminer.com
- 8 Guaranteed Ways to Increase Social Media Reach – hubspot.com