Best Achievo Hosting: Which Host Is Right For Your Site?⚙ Filter Results
Oops! No Hosting Plans Match Your Search
You've selected a combination of features that none of the web hosts we profile offer. We suggest you remove your last filter or reset & start again.
Ask Our Experts
Need help with your hosting? Tell us exactly what you are looking for and we’ll do our very best to help. Please allow one working day for a response.
Please fill in all fields.
Thanks! Your request has been sent. We'll reply within 24 hours.
What Is Achievo?
Achievo is a free-and-open-source web-based business support services application. It is designed to help small and medium sized business better manage their projects, resources, employees, schedules, and customer relationships.
Achievo Overview and History
Achievo was originally created by software developer ibuildings.nl. The project was donated by ibuildings.nl to the open-source community, where ongoing development is managed by the ATK PHP Framework Group. The ATK Framework is a PHP development environment designed for rapid creation of business service applications. Applications built using the ATK Framework, such as Achievo, must include the framework as an available module within the program's file directory.
What Is Achievo Used For?
Achieve can be used by a small or medium sized business to keep track of projects, employees, customers, and other resources. In addition, Achievo can be used for daily scheduling and planning of work. The application includes six primary features:
- Project Management: The application can be used to create and manage projects, assign employeees and other resources to projects, and generate reports such as Gantt charts, status reports, and more.
- Time Tracking: Employees can log their hours and apply them to specific projects making it easy to determine the number of billable hours associated with a given project and time period. A variety of reports can be generated demonstrating how time is being allocated and used.
- Customer Relationship Management: A full customer-relationship management suite of tools is included to create customers, assign them a status (supplier, prospect, customer), assign projects and contracts to customers, and much more.
- Human Resource Management: Employee contracts, profiles, and permissions can be managed.
- Scheduling: A shared schedule is available as are private personal calendars for each user. The shared calendar can be used to create group meetings and manage the company-wide schedule.
- Personal Information Manager: Each user has access to a personal information manager where they can assign labor hours to different projects, create to-do lists and daily schedules, receive updates from projects with which they are associated, and more.
What Does Achievo Cost?
Achieve is completely free to install, use, and build upon. However, since Achieve is an open-source project without commercial customer support, the IT team responsible for managing and adminstering the application can expect to spend some time troubleshooting Achievo when issues arise.
The application needs to be installed on a server running PHP 5.4.x and MySQL 5.5.x. Any modern Linux server should be compatible with an Achievo installation. Achievo can also be installed on a Windows server, but additional configuration is necessary. In addition, since Achievo is built on the ATK Framework, the framework must be avialable as a module within the Achievo file directory. If Achievo is installed using the procedure recommended by the developer (see below), ATK Framework is included when the application directory tree is cloned from GitHub to the web server.
How Do I Get Achievo?
There are two ways to get Achievo: clone the GitHub repository to a webserver or upload the program as a zip file.
The preferred method of instalation is to clone the GitHub repository. When this method is used the ATK Framework is included in the clone. If the program is manually uploaded to the server and extracted, the ATK Framework must also be uploaded to the correct directory in order for Achievo to work.
While Achievo has a lot to offer, there are some drawbacks:
- The last release was in early 2014, and there is a lack of evidence that development is ongoing.
- Security vulnerabilities have been identified but remain unadressed. It should be noted that only a logged-in user can act on the vulnerabilities identified.
- The official project website Achievo.org is currently unavailable.
- There is no integration between the customer relationship management features and email clients such as Microsoft Outlook.
What Are Some Alternatives to Achievo?
If you want to consider some open-source alternative business support applications, consider these other options that are seeing more active management and development:
- SuiteCRM: If you want a full-featured CRM, consider SuiteCRM.
- CiviCRM: A CRM geared towards non-profit organizations.
- Orange HRM: A popular open-source human-resource management suite.
While these applications do not provide a single-source solution to replace everything that Achievo can do, if you don't need the full-blown capabilities of Achievo these applications may meet your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I learn more about Achievo?
To learn more about the application, check out the Achievo repository on GitHub. In particular, take a look at the FAQs, guided tour, features, and modules in the repository Wiki.
Who is managing ongoing development of Achievo?
The ATK Framework Group who is responsible for ongoing Achievo development is now under the management of software developer Sintattica. Both the Achievo and the ATK Framework projects are hosted at GitHub. Achievo is the flagship product built with the ATK Framework. While the ATK Framework is under active development, there has been very little activity on the Achievo GitHub page for the last couple of years, suggesting that the project has been at least temporarily abandoned.