Because of Dolibarr’s modular design, it’s easy to enable or disable specific features, leaving you with a system that is ideally suited for your needs. Here are the main features that are available:
- Customers, prospects or suppliers directory
- Products and services catalog
- Stock management
- Bank accounts management
- Commercial actions management
- Orders management
- Commercial proposals management
- Contracts management
- Invoices management
- Payments management
- Standing orders management
- Shipping management
- Agenda with ical/vcal export for third party integration
- EDM (Electronic Document Management)
- Foundations members management
- Leave requests for employees
- Mass emailing
- Realize surveys
- POS (Point of Sale)
- Donations management
- PDF Generation of all elements (invoices, proposals, orders and more)
- Import and export tools (CSV or Excel)
- Bookmarks management
- LDAP connectivity
Dolibarr’s simplicity also extends to its development. It was specifically designed to be easy to modify or create custom modules. For those who would rather not wade into the world of development, there are also additional modules available on DoliStore.com that enable Google Sync, AWStats, Bittorrent integration and much more.
In spite of its impressive feature list, there are still several things Dolibarr doesn’t do.
- No accountancy (only bank management).
- Dolibarr natively manages only one currency at once (mono-currency). There is a commercial add-on module to work around this.
- Dolibarr manages only one company/foundation (mono-company). There are ways around this, but none of them are as smooth as a system designed to be multi-company.
- Does not support double VAT (Federal / provincial) for Canada.
- Dolibarr does not contain a Payroll module.
- Project Module tasks cannot have dependencies between each other.
- Dolibarr does not include any Webmail.
The developers point out that these features are not yet available, indicating they may be planned or currently being developed.
What It Costs
Dolibarr is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPL3). You may use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for free.
Dolibarr Pros and Cons
- Powerful features
- Simple to install and manage
- Module-based architecture promotes customization
- Some advanced features are currently missing
Points to Remember
Dolibarr is an exceptionally powerful ERP/CRM system that manages to maintain its simplicity. Due to a modular architecture, you can enable as much or as little functionality as your organization needs.
With its focus on simplicity, Dolibarr is perfect for individuals who lack the technical expertise, or the necessary time, to install, troubleshoot and manage more complex packages. In spite of its simplicity, freelancers and businesses will find that Dolibarr delivers robust features at an unbeatable price. As long as your organization doesn’t require any of the features that are not currently implemented, you can’t go wrong with Dolibarr.
Other features in Niche Web Software Overview
Dolibarr Frequently Asked Questions
What is Dolibarr?
Dolibarr is an application that provides enterprise resource planning and customer relationship management.
What functionality does Dolibarr offer?
Dolibarr can be used to manage contacts, invoices, orders, products, and more.
It provides order management, stock management, bank account management, proposal management, donation management, reporting, mass emailing, surveys, point of sale, bookmarks management, and electronic document management.
Is Dolibarr more like an ERP or a CRM?
Dolibarr is unique because it combines both. You have the option to activate only the modules you need, making Dolibarr very flexible.
What are the disadvantages of Dolibarr?
There’s no support for webmail, no payroll module, and the software can only be used to manage one company at once.
Who is the ideal Dolibarr user?
Dolibarr is most useful for small companies and freelancers.
How much does it cost to use Dolibarr?
Dolibarr is free and open source.
Is there an online demo available?
Yes. The online demo allows you to experience the features of the program.
What is the best way to download Dolibarr?
The easiest way to get the most stable version of Dolibarr is through its official website. You also have access to other downloads on this page, including modules, plugins, addons, pre-release version, and development versions.
Is support available for Dolibarr?
You’ll find information and advice on the official Dolibarr website. For installation issues, check with your host in the first instance.
Does Dolibarr provide developer documentation?
Yes. Dolibarr is open source, so you can make changes to it. The company provides official documentation on its website.
Are external modules available for Dolibarr?
Yes. Some of the most popular modules include Export to accounting, MailChimp for Dolibarr, and Easy Cash Deck.
About WhoIsHostingThis Team
Our writing team comes from all over the world with diverse backgrounds in the arts and sciences. But what links them is their passion for the internet. All together they represent many decades of experience working in all facets of it — from programming and hardware creation to website design and marketing.
Connect with WhoIsHostingThis