The Best Kloxo Hosting: Who's The Best For Your Site? [Updated: 2018]⚙ Filter Results
What Is Kloxo?
Kloxo (formerly known as Lxadmin) is an open source control panel for web hosting that is compatible with versions of Red Hat and CentOS Linux installations. There are multiple editions of the Kloxo hosting platform, but all of them are fully scriptable, distributed and 100% object oriented. Kloxo HostInaBox is the entry level option described on the LxCenter website as a “light and efficient hosting platform” that uses 10 MB RSS. Kloxo Enterprise is the other edition and is defined as a “truly distributed hosting platform”.
General Features Of Kloxo
Below you will find common features included in both HostInaBox and Enterprise. Exclusive features for Enterprise are detailed in a following section.
Advanced Features Available Only For Kloxo Enterprise
Below you will find exclusive features included in Kloxo Enterprise.
- The ability to view, search and manage your entire hosting platform from a single page.
- Advanced intrusion detection management
- apache/lighttpd, djbdns/bind and pure-ftpd support
- Application switches that can be completed “on the fly”
- Scalable to one million hits per day
- Advanced backup and restore
- Parked and redirected domains
- Integrated Ruby on Rails
Kloxo As A Platform For Reseller Hosting
For Linux-based hosting providers looking to scale their service offerings, Kloxo includes the ability to enable hosting reseller programs. For hosting platforms that scale at a fast rate, Kloxo also enables its users to upgrade from HostInABox to Enterprise without reinstalling the softwares.
Hosting resellers also have the ability to offer the following features to their clients:
- Change banners for custom reseller hosting platforms
- Enable Frontpage
- Enable SSL
- Offer web server, mail server, DNS server, database server, and IP address pooling
- Exclusive IP addresses
Kloxo Server Requirements
The most recent release of Kloxo has the following server requirements.
- Dedicated or virtual servers running CentOS or Red Hat EL 5.x.
- Minimum 256 MB RAM (need to be able to run Yum).
- 2 GB of free disk space for Kloxo and its related services.
Keep in mind that if you partitioned your disks manually, you are going to need to have a large /tmp. Kloxo uses /tmp to create and store temp backups. Without a large /tmp, this process is sure to fail.
Final Thoughts On Kloxo Hosting
There are many open source control panels on the market - but not as many that integrate directly with Red Hat and CentOS. Kloxo’s unique integration capabilities - coupled with its scalability and feature-rich installations for hosting resellers - make it a very attractive option for businesses looking for a place to host their own open source platform for reseller hosting.
Because of the customization that might be needed to properly deploy Kloxo, we suggest contacting your hosting provider prior to installation just to make sure both parties are prepared. This will make the process much smoother for all involved.