Best MOJO Marketplace Hosting: Which Host Is Right For Your Site?⚙ Filter Results
Oops! No Hosting Plans Match Your Search
You've selected a combination of features that none of the web hosts we profile offer. We suggest you remove your last filter or reset & start again.
Ask Our Experts
Need help with your hosting? Tell us exactly what you are looking for and we’ll do our very best to help. Please allow one working day for a response.
Please fill in all fields.
Thanks! Your request has been sent. We'll reply within 24 hours.
What Is MOJO Marketplace and SimpleScripts?
MOJO Marketplace is a commercial script library that offers one-click installation and automatic upgrades of more than 70 popular internet applications. It also offers a range of add-on products and services to the core installation and upgrade service.
Overview and History
SimpleScripts was founded in 2008 with the goal of simplifying the installation of web applications for hosting customers who lacked familiarity and experience with internet technologies. In addition, SimpleScripts aimed to provide a distribution channel for script developers trying to get their applications into the hands of hosting customers.
SimpleScripts operated as part of the large hosting company BlueHost until 2010 when it was spun off as its own company. SimpleScripts was subsequently combined with Mojoness in 2013 to create the MOJO Marketplace. This allowed the new company to take advantage of special synergy. Mojoness offered premium themes and plugins for many of the applications that SimpleScript provided easy installation of.
Today, MOJO Marketplace is owned by the Endurance International Group, one of the largest hosting organizations in the world.
What Applications Installations Are Available?
MOJO Marketplace provides one-click installations of various popular applications:
- Blogs and Content Managements Systems: WordPress; Drupal; Joomla!; PHP-Nuke; XOOPS; Seotoaster; and many more.
- Customer Relationship Management Applications: SugarCRM; Feng; EspoCRM; and more.
- Ecommerce Platforms: ShopSite; AgoraCart; Magento; OpenCart; and more.
- Forums: MyBB; Simple Machines; Vanilla; and more.
- Customer Support Ppplications: osTicket; X7Chat; and more.
- Wikis: DokuWiki; MediaWiki; Tiki Wiki; and more.
- Niche Applications: Noah's Classifieds; Open Classifieds; Chamilo LMS; Moodle LMS; LimeSurvey; Dada Mail; Zenphoto; Mantis; Oxwall; Pligg; Piwik; Roundcube; PhpMyFAQ; and many more.
How Do I Install an Application?
There are two ways MOJO Marketplace can install applications:
- The easiest way to install an application is to access MOJO Marketplace through a hosting account control panel. MOJO Marketplace has been integrated into the control panel by many hosting providers. For customers with control panel access to MOJO Marketplace, installation can be done by finding the One-click Installs option in the control panel, locating the desired application, and following some simple instructions.
- If a hosting provider does not offer MOJO Marketplace integration, one-click installation is still possible by signing up for a free account and providing FTP information to MOJO Marketplace. After signing up, to install an application directly from MOJO Marketplace, locate the application you want to install at the website, and follow the easy installation instructions.
What Does Application Installation Cost?
Application installation is free, whether completed through a hosting account control panel or at the MOJO Marketplace website. Most of the scripts offered are also free, though some paid versions can be installed and will prompt users to purchase a license.
MOJO Marketplace also offers many paid themes, plugins, graphics, and add on services. The themes and plugins offered by MOJO Marketplace can also be automatically installed, though there is often an additional fee for automatic theme and plugin installation.
What Are Some Alternative One-Click Application Installation Providers?
There are many commercial script libraries that offer one-click installation of applications through a hosting account control panel. Some of the most popular script libraries include:
- Softaculous: includes over 350 scripts. However, Softaculous is not free, must be installed at the server level, and is not suitable for shared server environments unless provided by the hosting company.
- Fantastico: includes more than 500 scripts. Fantastico is similar to Softaculous in that it is not free and must be installed at the server level by the hosting company.
- Installatron: includes over 130 popular scripts. Installatron is available in server-installed versions accessible through a hosting account control panel, and as a free web-based installer for customers whose hosting provider does not provide access to Installatron.
There are many additional commercial script libraries, but these three plus MOJO Marketplace are the industry leaders. Softaculous and Fantastico offer the most scripts, while Installatron and MOJO Marketplace offer a curated list of only the most popular and stable applications.
Of the three alternatives discussed, Installatron is the most similar to MOJO Marketplace in that it can either be an installation service provided by a hosting company, or used by hosting customers regardless of the web host they choose.
MOJO Marketplace, formerly known as SimpleScripts, is a commercial script library that offers free one-click installation and automatic updates of popular web applications. It is accessible as an integrated control panel app installer by many hosting companies, or it can be used as a web-based app installer for customers who do not have control panel access.
To find out more about other one-click installation applications, check out our pages on these products: