Compare PHP Auction Hosting⚙ Filter Results
Oops! No Hosting Plans Match Your Search
You've selected a combination of features that none of the web hosts we profile offer. We suggest you remove your last filter or reset & start again.
Ask Our Experts
Need help with your hosting? Tell us exactly what you are looking for and we’ll do our very best to help. Please allow one working day for a response.
Please fill in all fields.
Thanks! Your request has been sent. We'll reply within 24 hours.
Recommended Host for PHP Auction
What was phpAuction?
phpAuction was a software package that enabled web-based auction websites. It was a popular auction platform between 2001 and 2009. In late 2009 a new and rebranded version of phpAuction called enuuk was released.
The first iteration of phpAuction was written in 1997 as a personal project. In 1999 the code was upgraded to more recent PHP and the project was released as an open-source application. In late 2000 the development of phpAuction changed course, the open-source version was left to the open-source community, and the primary developer created a commercial version of the software. Development of phpAuction continued through late 2008, but was abandoned in 2009 in favor of enuuk.
In July of 2009 enuuk was launched as a replacement for phpAuction. Initially, enuuk was offered through the phpAuction website, but sometime in late 2012 the phpAuction website went dark, and distribution of enuuk was moved to an enuuk branded site.
What is enuuk used for?
phpAuction was a full-featured auction software package that could be used to set up any type of auction site: standard auctions, reverse auctions, penny auctions, and fixed price product listings. enuuk is a rebranded continuation of the phpAuction model. So if you were interested in phpAuction you should checkout enuuk as it is a modern auction website engine.
What are the key features of enuuk?
enuuk comes in two flavors: marketLink and proLink. All of the functionality that separates marketLink and proLink can be purchased as individual modules and added on to marketLink. enuuk offers support for all of the typical format options you would expect: standard auctions (eBay style), basic auctions, penny auctions, reverse auctions, lot auctions (quantity discount), and fixed-price listings. In addition, while this is not an exhaustive listing, the following features are offered:
- Technical support for 3 months, and software updates for 6 months are included in the purchase price. Support and updates beyond that time frame are available for purchase.
- Offered in English and Spanish with additional languages offered in proLink or as add-on modules for marketLink.
- Fully compliant with the latest web technologies and languages: HTML5, CSS3, and PHP5.
- Provided with several high quality templates. Additional templates are available in proLink or as an add-on module for marketLink. proLink also provides the ability to create your own templates.
- Support for registering sellers and providing them the ability to create their own storefronts within the platform.
- Feedback systems for sellers and buyers to encourage fair play.
- Login and registration with Facebook as an add-on module for marketLink or as a standard feature in proLink.
- Support for secure server login is provided. The enuuk platform has also been subjected to an external security audit.
- Completely open code in the proLink version for full control of the platform.
- Support for several payment gateways.
- A robust site management backend that supports management of buyers, sellers, auctions, categories, site structure and appearance, fee structures, and all other aspects of site administration.
- Localization features such as support for local timezones, selectable currency, and multiple languages.
- Site statistics and optional integration of Google Analytics.
What does enuuk cost?
The entry-level version of enuuk is marketLink which costs $399 as of May 2015. There are add-on modules to support various additional features. The premium version of enuuk, proLink, includes all of the add-on modules and costs $899 as of May 2015. Additional options include software updates and technical support after the expiration of the introductory periods included with the initial purchase of enuuk.
Hosting for enuuk can be purchased from the hosting provider of your choice, or for $9.99 per month enuuk will provide hosting for your enuuk-powered auction site.
What are the server requirements for hosting enuuk?
Server requirements for hosting an enuuk deployment are pretty standard. You will need to choose a hosting provider that offers Linux servers (Windows servers will also work, but only support the English language on the enuuk platform). The web server will need to be running PHP version 5.2 or newer, and you’ll need to create a MySQL database version 4.1 or newer. Installation of enuuk will require use of FTP, so your hosting provider will also need to provide FTP access to your space on the web server. Just about any hosting provider who offers Linux servers will provide the technology necessary to support an enuuk deployment.
What are some alternatives to enuuk?
If you’re looking for software to power your auction website then in addition to enuuk you should check out these options:
- SchoolAuction.net: An auction platform for non-profit entities such as schools and charities.
- Auction Software: A hosted solution that offers a full-featured auction platform.
- AuctionMethod: Auction software developed by auctioneers to provide the best experience for bidders, and the most profitable experience for auctioneers.
enuuk (previously phpAuction) is a powerful auction platform with loads of features and minimal hosting requirements. enuuk is one great option to consider, and you may decided that it’s the best solution for you, but considering the cost you should check out several options before making a commitment.