Cloudways: What Coupons Are Available for June 2018?
Cloudways is a relatively new hosting company that’s quickly become popular.
They’ve done this with a unique approach to hosting, by essentially building their hosting packages on top of leading server providers like DigitalOcean, Linode, and AWS.
It’s an easy solution for web developers who don't want to take care of server maintenance and set-up.
While it is geared towards web developers, Cloudways still offers 1-click deployment for popular content management systems (CMSs) like WordPress.
If you sign-up using the Cloudways coupon below (more details further down), you can get 20% off of your first hosting invoice.If you’d like to learn more about the technical offerings of Cloudways, see our Cloudways review page.
Save 20% on Your First Invoice
Our Cloudways coupon applies to all plans on Cloudways.
All you need to do is enter the promo code “WIHT20” when prompted for a promo code while signing up for an account. If you skip over this by accident, you’ll need to sign-up again from the start.
The coupon code takes 20% off of your first invoice. The more you spend up front, the more you save.
Your second invoice will be for regular price. Still, Cloudways is on the cheaper side for the quality of their hosting services.
There are several plans that you can sign-up for. Everything is transparent, and you simply pay for the amount of resources you want.
Each higher tier plan has a greater (or equal) amount of:
Beyond the speed and reliability of using servers from top server providers like Digital Ocean, all plans also come with some great features:
- 24/7 support - On top of a thorough knowledgebase, there’s 24/7 live chat and ticket support.
- Pay as you go - You have the option to pay as you consume resources.
- Free migration - For your first website.
- Unlimited applications - You have full control over how many web applications run on your servers.
- Free and automatic SSL - No extra certificate fees or annoying set-up process involved.
How to Redeem the Cloudways Coupon Code - The Short Version
If you’ve signed up for hosting before, here are the basic steps to signing up. It’s easy to skip past the promo code field during the sign-up process, so take it slow.
- Click a button on this page that says "Get our Cloudways Deal" to go to the Cloudways website.
- Click any of the several buttons that say "start free" on the Cloudways website. They all go to the exact same sign-up form.
- Choose an account email address or authorize through LinkedIn, Github, or Gmail.
- Click the link on the form (don't submit yet!) that says "Got a promo code?"
- Enter in the coupon code "WIHT20" in the input field that pops up.
- Submit the form.
How to Use Our Cloudways Coupon
It’s really easy to miss the spot to put the Cloudways coupon code in.
If you want to be sure that you don’t miss it, I’ve gone over the steps in more detail below with screenshots.
Step #1 - Click a Button on This Page
First, you’ll need to go to the Cloudways website.
There are multiple buttons on this page that say, “Get our Cloudways Deal”.
But since there’s no automatic discount applied, you can also find Cloudways through Google.
Step #2 - Click Any Signup Button on the Cloudways Website
Cloudways makes it incredibly easy to sign-up.
There are several “start free” buttons on all their main website pages. They all point to the exact same sign-up page, so click any of them.
Step #3 - Choose Account Username and Enter the Promo Code
You can sign-up with an email account, or give authorization to your personal details through LinkedIn, Google, or Github.
If you just entered your email, answer the 2 dropdown questions and then click the “Got a promo code?” link.
That should make an input field appear beside the link, and you can enter in the promo code “WIHT20”.
If you authorized through one of the 3rd party options, you’ll see a different, but similar form where you can choose a password.
Again, answer the 2 questions and then click the “Got a promo code?” link.
This will make an input field appear beside the link, and you can enter in the discount code “WIHT20”.
If you typed in the coupon code correctly, a small green check mark will appear in the input.
Step #5 - Pick Your Plan Settings and Deploy Your Application
At this point, your coupon is applied, but you won’t pay until later on.
On this final screen of the sign-up process, you’ll get to choose your hosting settings.
- Names for your app and project.
- Your server provider.
- Server size.
- Server location.
During all of this, the price is shown at the bottom.
When you’re ready, use the submit button to finish setting up your account. Your server will be deployed shortly (time depends on your exact settings).
One unique feature that Cloudways has to offer, that very few other hosts offer, is being able to pay as you go.
With most hosts, you pay for the month or year upfront.
But since Cloudways offers flexible packages, and charges based on how many resources you use, that method doesn’t work.
Instead, you use however many resources you need during the month, and then are invoiced after.
Competitors to Consider
Cloudways is one of the best overall web hosts I’ve ever tried.
It’s incredibly flexible, reasonably priced, and has a great support team.
The only time I wouldn’t recommend it is if you find it too complicated. If you aren’t quite sure what RAM or bandwidth is, you might be overwhelmed.
Here are some alternatives in that case:
- WP Engine - Only offers managed WordPress hosting. The servers are high quality, and the support team is great. It’s also simple to get started with since there are only a few plans, and it’s obvious which one is right for you. Save over 30% with our WP Engine coupon code.
- SiteGround - Offers cheap shared hosting that is relatively simple to get up and running. They have a good knowledgebase and support team if you get stuck. The plans are easier to choose from, and are in terms of websites and visitors, rather than RAM and bandwidth. Save more with our SiteGround coupon.
- BlueHost - Nearly the opposite of Cloudways. Very basic and simple shared hosting for as cheap as you can find it. The performance won’t be nearly as good, and the support isn’t the same level, but it’s good for basic, low-traffic sites. You can save even more with our Bluehost coupon.
What payment methods are accepted?
Cloudways accepts all major credit cards, as well as PayPal. However, if you choose PayPal, you will need to contact live chat support for help sending a payment. They used to accept Bitcoin, but currently do not.
Is there a minimum contract length you need to sign-up for?
No, as there are no contracts.
Since you pay as you go with Cloudways, you can cancel your plan at any time.
Why wouldn’t I just host my web application on a server provider like Digital Ocean?
It’s certainly an option to go direct to a server provider. It will be cheaper than Cloudways, which is the main benefit.
However, then you’ll have to set up your server from scratch, and take care of backups and migrations. You may be forced to do this occasionally depending on your specific web application’s needs.
Cloudways offers a managed service where they take care of almost all of the boring server set-up and maintenance for you, at a minimal additional cost.
A firewall is set up for you, as well as SSL, automated backups, and application updates.
Can I choose the cloud server my web applications are served from?
Yes, when you set up a server, you can choose from several datacenters.
- USA - Virginia, Oregon, North Carolina, San Francisco, New York
- Europe - Ireland, Amsterdam, London
- Asia Pacific - Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo
- South America - Brazil
Do you get root access to your server?
One of the few potential weaknesses of Cloudways is that you do not get root access to your server.
This is for security purposes, and to ensure that users don’t interfere with the processes and tools that Cloudway has built into your server. This is understandably a deal breaker for some developers.Get Our Cloudways Deal