Last updated: December 26, 2018
Daily.co.uk In 2018: What Do Daily.co.uk Client Reviews Say?
Daily.co.uk (also known as Daily Internet) is a web hosting company targeting users in the UK. The company is based in Nottingham and offers a range of hosting plans, including cheap shared hosting on Windows and Linux, as well as domain name registrations.
Founded by Abby Hardoon in 2006, Daily Internet PLC was originally called Hostvue (UK) Ltd. Mr Hardoon previously established Host Europe PLC which runs a number of well-known companies including 123-Reg, WebFusion and Magic Moments Internet. He sold Host Europe to Pipex for £31 million in 2006 and launched Daily Internet officially in 2007.
Daily Internet places equal emphasis on domain name registrations, shared hosting and VPS hosting, but promotes VPS plans prominently on its home page. Here’s a brief run down of its web hosting services.
- VPS plans are split into Linux, Windows and Windows Hyper-V variants. Within each variant, there are a range of plans with differing specifications. All offer root access, and Linux users can choose their OS. There’s a lot of detail on each plan, and unusually, it’s promoted more heavily on the website than shared hosting. Support and management is not included and is charged in addition. Backups are not included.
- Shared website hosting is available on three plans: Starter Pro, Home Pro and Unlimited Pro. Starter Pro is a very basic, very low cost plan which offers unlimited bandwidth but not much else. The most expensive plan is a more traditional unlimited shared hosting plan. Customers can choose Windows or Linux shared hosting. Backups are not included.
- Reseller hosting is split into two plans, v2 Starter and v2 Unlimited. Resellers can only host 20 client accounts on the Starter plan. Web space is restricted to just 1 GB on Starter. There are no space or bandwidth limits on the more expensive plan, although only 5 MySQL databases are permitted. That means ‘true’ reselling with multiple WordPress installs would be out of the question. Again, no backups are included.
- Ecommerce hosting is effectively a site builder plan with similar features and benefits to shared hosting services. The main difference is the extra set of ecommerce features, although not all of these are free across the board. For example, customers on eShop Personal cannot set up a Facebook shop, Google Translate or social bookmarking. Of the three packages, eShop Enterprise is the most comprehensive, but there are still strict limits on the number of products and categories that can be created. Daily Internet says it takes disaster recovery backups, but it recommends that customers create manual backups through the eShop system.
- Instant Website hosting is another type of site builder package. There are two variants: Plus and Pro. These are fairly typical, basic website hosting plans marketed at people who prefer not to get into the technical side of website hosting. Backups are not included. Customers can pay a fee to have Daily Internet staff set up their website for them.
Daily.co.uk Reviews by Our Community
Overall Rating from 16 Reviews by Daily.co.uk Customers
Most Helpful Reviews
alec nicol shoutcastservices.com
Jan 23, 2018
May 01, 2012
Katy Junova bonanzer.com
Sep 27, 2016
Raymond Lunn desistance.co.uk
Dec 03, 2011
Nick Davies clpt.co.uk
Nov 15, 2016
Nov 28, 2011
Paul Lott thejungle.uk.net
Dec 06, 2010
Jan 14, 2010
Dave Head party-head.co.uk
Jan 12, 2017
Andrew Osiname osinova.co.uk
Dec 22, 2010
Uptime/DowntimeThere’s no reference to an uptime guarantee on the Daily Internet website. In a 2010 press release, I found one mention of a 99.9% uptime guarantee, but this specifically relates to its Hosted Exchange email service – not its web hosting service. Daily Internet does have a system status page, but it only gets updated if there’s an issue. The company doesn’t post any uptime statistics on its website. Backups are offered, but they are a chargeable extra. Daily Internet charges £25 per year for weekly backups and £45 per year for daily backups. Backups are stored on a different server to the customer’s website and can be accessed via FTP.
SupportDaily Internet’s primary support channel is its knowledge base. There’s an impressive range of technical help documentation that should help to answer most questions beginners and intermediate users have. Support is provided via email and a UK telephone number. There’s also a fax number. Both are 0845 numbers and are therefore not free to call. Customers outside the UK may struggle to use these numbers at all. Personal support is not provided round the clock. Daily Internet only opens its telephone support department from 9am to 5.30pm on weekdays, excluding bank holidays. Email support is offered via a ticketing system from 7am to 9.30pm on weekdays and from 11am until 7.30pm on weekends and bank holidays. On VPS plans, it appears that setup assistance isn’t included and must be paid for. Most VPS hosts include this for free. The company has an active Twitter feed which is updated with facts and blog posts every few days. It’s not used for support. Its Facebook page is also a one-way stream and staff rarely interact with customers. Interestingly, Abby Hardoon, the company founder, ‘Likes’ the occasional post.
In the NewsBefore Daily Internet was founded, Abby Hardoon hit the headlines for attempting to remove directors from the Host Europe board after a dispute. http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2003/may/01/4
Control PanelOn most of its VPS packages, users are provided with cPanel with WHM or Plesk 11 (Linux) or Plesk 11 only (Windows). This applies all plans except for the cheapest Linux VPS which has no control panel software installed. On Hyper-V Windows VPS plans, Daily Internet customers are provided with WebsitePanel instead of a more well-known solution like cPanel. There is an online demo on the site but the link was broken at the time of writing this review. A separate control panel, MyDaily, is provided for domain name management only.
ExtrasShared hosting customers receive one free domain name (.co.uk or .com) or a free .com transfer. Daily Internet also provides shared hosting customers with £100 in Google AdWords credits. Shared hosting customers get free access to its Fotalia library. Site builders are included for free on shared plans. Although mobile website builders and cloud storage is available, these are only free on a trial basis. Customers on Unlimited Pro get access to a SSL certificate. Some tools you’d expect to be free, such as search engine submission, are chargeable. On ecommerce hosting plans, free domain names are limited to one co.uk on eShop Business and one co.uk or .com on eShop Enterprise. Customers get the same Google Adwords credits as shared hosting clients. VPS plans come with one free IP address.
Money Back Guarantee / Cancellation PolicyDaily Internet’s VPS and shared hosting plans offer a meagre 7-day money-back guarantee. This excludes domain names which are charged at full price if the package is cancelled. The Terms of Service clearly state that no refunds are offered after 7 days.
SummaryDaily Internet clearly markets its services at customers looking for a UK-based host that offers VPS hosting. If you want the flexibility of a host that offers Windows and Linux hosting, you’ll find plenty of plans to suit, but bear in mind the control panel limitations on the Hyper-V plan. Despite its prices being very competitive, some of the limits imposed on the plans are very low and seem outdated. For example, the ‘Unlimited’ reseller account only comes with 5 databases and 10 mailboxes; most resellers would quickly outgrow it. The feature lists for all services seem rich, but once you dig into the detail, you find that the plans aren’t as generous as they first appear: the lack of backups is a good example. Limited support will be a concern to users who like to know help is always at hand. Additionally, the limited money-back guarantee means there’s only a week to test drive Daily Internet before the customer is locked in to a plan. Having said that, there’s a vast amount of detail about what’s on offer, so there wouldn’t be any nasty surprises ahead. Daily Internet clearly relies on a good solid reputation and a well-established reputation in the industry, and the knowledge base is really very good. If you want the safety net of round-the-clock assistance, free backups or truly unlimited resources, you might be better off looking elsewhere.
Most Popular Daily.co.uk Hosting Plans
|Starter Pro||WordPress Hosting||Home Pro|
|Price||$3.76 / mo||$7.64 / mo||$7.64 / mo|
|Visit Daily.co.uk||Visit Daily.co.uk||Visit Daily.co.uk|
|Unlimited||Unlimited||$10.11 / mo Visit Host|
|Entry VPS Plan
|40GB||Unlimited||$13.90 / mo Visit Host|
|1GB||10GB||$18.80 / mo Visit Host|
|Value VPS Plan
|80GB||Unlimited||$20.87 / mo Visit Host|
|Unlimited||Unlimited||$39.07 / mo Visit Host|
|Plus VPS Plan
|100GB||Unlimited||$45.22 / mo Visit Host|
|Pro VPS Plan
|120GB||Unlimited||$65.49 / mo Visit Host|
|1000GB||500GB||$123.32 / mo Visit Host|
|2TB||750GB||$201.37 / mo Visit Host|
|600GB||1TB||$295.03 / mo Visit Host|
|4TB||Unlimited||$435.52 / mo Visit Host|
|2MB||Unlimited||$544.79 / mo Visit Host|
Daily.co.uk Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Daily.co.uk provide both Linux and Windows hosting?
Daily.co.uk offers both Linux and Windows based hosting as part of its full product line, which includes shared, VPS, and dedicated server hosting plans.
The dedicated and VPS plans are fully configurable and include choice of operating system, disk space, and more.
- Are there any additional fees I should be aware of?
All the fees for Daily.co.uk’s hosting plans are clearly stated on the website. Even though higher prices do not appear to be charged for plan renewal, customers will pay extra fees if they exceed bandwidth limits.
Note: the prices quoted do not include VAT.
- Can customers register a domain without getting hosting with Daily.co.uk?
Yes, it is possible for customers to order a domain name with many popular TLDs. Customers can also enable whois privacy and create bulk orders for domains.
- Is a free domain included with a hosting plan?
Many of Daily.co.uk’s shared hosting plans include a free .com or .co.uk domain provided that the customer chooses at least a year long term.
- Do the plans from Daily.co.uk support multiple websites on a single plan?
It is possible to register multiple domains and host them from a single plan.
- What are Daily.co.uk’s payment terms?
You can select monthly or yearly plans, but selecting a longer term plan will get you more savings. Available payment methods include major credit cards such as Visa and MasterCard along with PayPal.
- Does Daily.co.uk have a money-back guarantee?
The company offers a 7-day money-back guarantee for which customers are entitled to a full refund minus fees for items such as domain registration.
- What type of support does Daily.co.uk provide?
Customers can get support in a few ways including email and support ticket system.
Although average response times will be 4 hours, it is possible to make your request a higher priority and get a faster response.
Support for opened tickets is available from 7 am till 9:30 pm every day.
- Where are the company’s datacenters?
Daily.co.uk’s has both its headquarters and datacenters based in the UK.
More specifically, the company’s datacenters are located in East Midlands which feature 24/7 security, redundant power supplies, advanced environmental controls, and multiple Tier 1 connections.
- Do I get unlimited bandwidth and disk space with Daily.co.uk’s plans?
Yes, the company offers plans with unlimited bandwidth and disk space. However, you are entitled to these features as long as you don’t impact overall server performance. The company reserves the right to suspend accounts using too many resources.
- Does the company use a CDN?
No, Daily.co.uk does not offer the option of enabling a CDN for any of its hosting plans.
- What is Daily.co.uk’s uptime guarantee?
The company offers a 99.99% uptime guarantee for its dedicated server plans only. No compensation is mentioned for any downtime experienced.
- What control panel does Daily.co.uk use?
Daily.co.uk uses a number of control panels including an in-house one called MyDaily for domain management along with cPanel and Plesk.
- Does Daily.co.uk make regular backups?
Yes, the company offers the customer a paid option as part of a hosting package to make regular backups.
- What scripting languages are supported by Daily.co.uk?
The company supports a number of popular scripting languages used throughout the industry including PHP, ASP.NET, Perl, and Ruby on Rails.
- Will Daily.co.uk help me transfer an existing domain or website from another hosting provider?
The company does not specifically mention that they will help with the transfer of domains or websites.
- Does Daily.co.uk provide the tools needed to easily create a website?
Daily.co.uk offers a number of packages that will help customers design a website.
These packages include single-click installation packages such as WordPress that will help customers to put up a blog and create static web pages.
In addition, as part of its paid option, customers can use the company’s Instant Website platform to create web pages using a simple drag and drop interface.
- What security features does Daily.co.uk provide on their products?
Although there are no specific security services such as DDoS protection offered, Daily.co.uk uses 24/7 monitoring along with anti-spam and anti-virus protection for email.
- Are there tools available for me to host an ecommerce site?
Daily.co.uk provides all the necessary packages for customers to host an online store. They include SSL certificates and the ability to install popular online store platforms such as OpenCart and osCommerce.
- Does Daily.co.uk offer hosting plans suitable for video streaming?
Yes. Some ideal plans for video streaming include VPS and dedicated server hosting plans.