Last updated: December 28, 2018
Micfo In 2018: What Do Micfo Client Reviews Say?
Micfo is a global web hosting business based in New York, USA. The company has been operating since 2002 and currently utilizes servers located in six different locations across America.
Micfo offers a variety of hosting services and does not seem to specialize in any particular field.
Micfo Hosting Plans
There are three web hosting plans from Micfo. Each plan allows customers to choose from Windows or Linux based hosting with no extra charge.
- The Boundless plan is the low-cost option which limits the customer’s disk space to 70 GB and monthly bandwidth to 700 GB. This plan allows customers to host one domain and 10 databases only.
- The Limitless plan provides unlimited space and bandwidth and supports up to 10 domains and 50 databases. This plan also comes with a Dedicated IP address.
- The Infinity plan is a step-up from the Limitless plan and allows for unlimited domains and databases and comes with an SSL certificate on top.
Reseller hosting is available through three different plans from Micfo. Again, customers have a choice of Linux or Windows hosting.
- The Seamless plan comes with 30 GB disk space, 1,000 GB monthly bandwidth, 2 dedicated IP addresses and allows for unlimited domains.
- The Flawless plan ups the disk space to 40 GB and bandwidth to 2,000 GB. In addition, customers get a free website builder.
- The Eternity plan increases the disk space to 100GB and bandwidth to 3,000 GB. Customers also get a free SSL certificate and a billing system to run their accounts.
Micfo offers a choice of Windows or Linux based VPS hosting, with a choice of control panels to go with it. There are three VPS plans available.
- The Endless plan provides 1 GHz processing power with 512 MB RAM (burstable up to 1 GB), 40 GB disk space, 1,000 GB bandwidth and 2 dedicated IP addresses.
- The Timeless plan ups the disk space to 60 GB, processing power to 1.5 GHz and RAM to 1 GB (burstable up to 2 GB). Customers also get a free SSL and unlimited bandwidth.
- The Eternal plan goes a step further, with 90 GB disk space, 2 GHz processing power and 2 GB RAM (burstable up to 4 GB).
Micfo also has a fairly comprehensive list of options for customers to build a dedicated server to their own specifications. Customers can choose to install a wide variety of Linux or Windows-based operating systems on their box.
There is also an affiliate program, allowing Micfo customers to earn money through successful referrals.
Micfo guarantees all of their customers 99.9% uptime, backed by an SLA. The SLA indicates that should uptime fall below 99.9% in any given month, the customer will be credited with 5% of their monthly bill for every 45 minutes under the guarantee that the server is down (up to a maximum of 100% of the customer’s monthly bill).
Micfo utilizes server space in six different data centers in America: New York, Chicago, Dallas, Orlando, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. All feature secure access, climate control, and redundant power systems.The network is also staffed 24 hours a day and protected from denial of service (DDOS) attacks. The team back up all data on a daily basis and customers can access the backups through the control panel.
Micfo customers are supported 24 hours a day with live chat, a toll-free helpline, and email ticketing. Customers are guaranteed a response within 25 minutes of submitting a support query.
In addition to its support channels, Micfo provide a blog site, knowledge base and a range of video tutorials for customers to find information to help them run their website. There isn’t a Micfo Facebook page, but there is a Twitter account. The Twitter account appears to be used solely for responding to customer queries, rather than advertising, which is a good sign.
Micfo in the News
Micfo have attracted little attention, good or bad, in the media. I checked most major news sources and didn’t find any press about them, so it looks like they’re fairly reliable.
Micfo Control Panel
All of Micfo’s Linux based shared hosting plans come with the latest version of cPanel. Its Windows-based shared hosting plans come with Plesk. VPS customers can choose which panel they want for an additional cost.
Both cPanel and Plesk are well known and familiar control panels which hosting customers should have little problem with. The Micfo website also provides a useful video demo of each panel, should customers want to take a look before buying.
All of Micfo’s hosting plans come with a free website builder, allowing for one-click installs of applications such as PHP, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Zen Cart and more. Linux plans also support Ruby on Rails, Perl, Python and more.
Unusually, customer get free access to daily backups of their site.
Micfo Money Back Guarantee / Cancellation Policy
Micfo offers an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee should their customers be dissatisfied with the services they receive. Customers must submit their cancellation request in writing to the billing department to receive a full refund, minus any additional costs and fees for services they have purchased.
On the face of it, Micfo appears to be a reasonably standard web hosting company which plays it fairly safe. It is entirely focused on hosting and does not offer additional services such as website design.
Whilst the 30 day guarantee is relatively standard for the industry, it’s nice to see these claims backed by a clear SLA. The daily backup is also something which its competitors don’t often offer (or if they do, they don’t make it that obvious).
Micfo’s services will appeal to small and mediums sized businesses, particularly those looking to maintain a good online presence in America. Its widespread server farms will be well suited for many US businesses looking to host their websites on servers close to their target market.
Micfo Reviews by Our Community
Overall Rating from 7 Reviews by Micfo Customers
Most Helpful Reviews
Alex Baeza baezaconsulting.com
Jun 07, 2012
Sameer Panjwani statisticalforecasting.com
Jan 22, 2010
Bayram Atmaca mentis.com.tr
Jul 25, 2014
John nerch empremta.net
May 10, 2011
Dimitri Khodr aljadeed.tv
Jun 14, 2014
Mark Brown eyeplastics.com
May 12, 2014
Garcia Sanchez infinitygroup.es
Sep 01, 2014
Most Popular Micfo Hosting Plans
|Windows Plesk Starter||Windows Plesk Intermediate||Windows Plesk Enterprise|
|Price||/ mo||/ mo||/ mo|
|Visit Micfo||Visit Micfo||Visit Micfo|
|70GB||700GB||$7 / mo Visit Host|
|Unlimited||Unlimited||$8 / mo Visit Host|
|$9 / mo Visit Host|
|30GB||1000GB||$20 / mo Visit Host|
|40GB||2000GB||$30 / mo Visit Host|
|100GB||3000GB||$40 / mo Visit Host|
|40GB||1000GB||$40 / mo Visit Host|
|60GB||Unlimited||$60 / mo Visit Host|
|90GB||Unlimited||$80 / mo Visit Host|
Micfo Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of hosting does Micfo offer?
They are a web hosting technology provider that specialized in advanced web hosting services. They do not offer shared web hosting plans, but rather Windows and Linux dedicated, cloud, and managed systems.
- Do Micfo hosting plans come with a free domain?
The company’s hosting plans do come with one free domain per account. You can also register domains independently of the hosting packages as well as purchase WHOIS privacy.
- Where does Micfo have its datacenters?
They have datacenters in Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City, Houston, and Orlando. The company itself is located in Atlanta, Georgia.
- What programming languages are supported by their plans?
Supported languaged depend upon which platform you are working with. Linux servers include PHP, Perl, and Ruby. Windows servers include ASP and ASP.NET.
- Does Micfo provide help with transferring an existing site and domain?
The company does not have a site transferring service, but they do provide extensive support when required and plenty of guides for all website types, including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and many other CMSs.
- Can I have more one domain per account with their plans?
Since you are free to configure your services as you wish, this is entirely up to you.
- Does Micfo provide website backups?
The company backs-up their own servers for their own usage. They recommend that each customer back-up their own data.
- Does Micfo offer phone support?
The company’s support team is available around the clock 24/7 by phone on their 800 number. Support is also available through their email and support ticketing system. All support channels are available in English only.
- Does Micfo have software available to help build a website easily?
The company has 700 templates available for easy site building as well as one-click installers for many popular applications such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and Magento. Additionally, you can install a website builder using a one-click installer.
- What security measures are in place?
The company features highly monitored environments that are riddled with perimeter and transport security gear. They also utilize specialized antivirus and antispam measures in their secured datacenter environments.
- Are there any ecommerce features available?
Ecommerce is easily installed and customizable in a dedicated, VPS and managed type of service environment. Packages and features like OSCommerce, ZEN Shopping Cart, and SSL can be easily integrated into a server environment,
- Are there any limitations in terms of storage and space? What about email addresses?
The company offers several tiers, all the way up to unlimited space and bandwidth. In regards to email, the company similarly provides varying amounts up to unlimited.
- Could I host an image-heavy site on their plans?
Image heavy sites are not a concern because as you are running exclusive resources.
- Can I stream audio and video?
Assuming you have sufficient resources on your dedicate or VPS plans, audio and video streaming shouldn’t be a problem.
- Does Micfo provide a control panel, and if so which one?
The company provides cPanel on their Business hosting plans, but you can install any other one you may prefer.
- Does Micfo have a money-back guarantee?
The company offers customers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- What payment options does Micfo offer?
The company accepts all major credit card payment methods such as Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. They also accept PayPal. Monthly and yearly plans are available.
- Does Micfo offer any discounts?
There is no introductory pricing from this company. When it comes time to renew, the price will be the same as when your service started.
- Does Micfo have an uptime guarantee and do they pro-rate for downtime?
The company has a 99.99% uptime guarantee that is backed by service credits for any lost downtime.
- Does Micfo offer any extras?
The company offers optional CDN services. Additionally, reseller packages are available as well as an affiliate program.