One.com Review: How Does This Budget Host Stack Up? We Asked 96 Users
Is One.com the Perfect Web Host for You?
One.com is a provider of inexpensive web hosting packages and website building tools. Established in 2002 as B-one, One.com is a leading Denmark-based domain registrar and web host that currently serves over 1.5 million customers.
For those needing a full-featured, yet budget-friendly web host, One.com might just be the option for you.
Are Domain Names Included?
One.com domain offerings, via WhoIsHostingThis.com
One.com is one of the leading domain name registrars in Europe, so if you need to register a domain name (either with or without a web hosting plan), One.com is a good option.
What Are One.com Hosting Plans?
One.com offers four different web hosting plans from which you can choose. The entry-level option is a good choice for basic websites and blogs, as well as those needing email-only hosting. The mid-range options (there are two plans in this category) are great for those with more dynamic websites that are a bit more demanding when it comes to resource usage. The high-end option is designed for large and complex websites.
One.com hosting plans, via WhoIsHostingThis.com
Those who have built their websites using WordPress can choose from the three WordPress-specific web hosting packages. The WordPress plans are slightly more expensive than the general, all-purpose web hosting plans, but you get helpful extras, such as
- A SSL certificate
- Support for an unlimited number of WordPress sites
- Dedicated RAM and disk space allocations
- Secured access to your site
- Multiple databases
- Backup and Restore services
- Unlimited email accounts.
If you need email-only hosting, but the entry-level web hosting plan isn’t quite what you are looking for, One.com offers three different email-hosting plans from which you can choose. The option that is best for you depends on how many domain names you are using and how much storage you want for your data.
Regardless of which option you choose, you will receive unlimited bandwidth.
What Are Some Add-On Items Available?
In addition to domain names and web hosting plans, One.com sells the following add-ons:
- Subscriptions to Microsoft’s Office 365 product
- Webshop, a website builder for those looking to launch an e-commerce site
How to Buy a One.com Hosting Plan
Signing up with One.com is an easy process, and unlike many of its competitors, One.com clearly shows how much you will pay with the introductory pricing and how much you will pay during your second year (and beyond) of web hosting.
One.com Signup process, via WhoIsHostingThis.com
Behind the Scenes of One.com
When managing the server instance that hosts your website, you will do so using a One.com custom-built control panel.
You can access this control panel by logging in — after One.com verifies your credentials, you are automatically redirected to the dashboard, which doubles as your control panel.
From your control panel, you can do things like:
- Manage your email accounts
- Create a website using the Website Builder
- Install WordPress with the one-click installer
- Manage your files and your databases
- Check the statistics One.com has gathered about your website
- Upgrade your hosting package.
The control panel shows most (if not all) of the features offered by One.com. However, if you don’t have access to that product or feature, you’ll see a green banner above the link that says Not Activated. If you have a free trial, the banner will indicate how many days left you have with the trial.
The following areas are not linked directly from the control panel, but they are accessible from a hide-and-show menu accessible from the control panel:
- Owner Details
- Guides & FAQ
- Chat Support.
One.com checkout process, via WhoIsHostingThis.com
The feature set and functionality offered by One.com’s control panel is relatively limited compared to that of the more popular cPanel, but the upside is that One.com’s option is easier to use and friendlier toward those who are just getting started with website management.
One.com Customer Support, via WhoIsHostingThis.com
One.com’s award-winning customer support team is available 24/7 to help you, but what’s most impressive is the number of languages spoken by the team. You can get support in any of the following languages: English, Danish, German, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, French, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese.
If You Like One.com…
|Both GoDaddy and One.com are providers of full-featured, yet inexpensive web hosting packages. You can’t go wrong with either vendor, but if you’re looking for flexibility (especially if you are planning to upgrade to more premium hosting, such as cloud-based hosting in the future), GoDaddy might be the right fit for you. Conversely, if you just need something inexpensive and easy to use, One.com is the better choice.||BlueHost is very similar to GoDaddy, but BlueHost maintains stronger ties to WordPress than GoDaddy. If One.com doesn’t quite meet your needs and you’re using WordPress as your content management system (CMS), consider using BlueHost.||If robust, budget-friendly web hosting is all you care about, consider SiteGround as one of your options. Again, it is very similar to One.com, though SiteGround might be a bit more powerful in terms of what you can do with your site. This comes hand-in-hand with a steeper learning curve, though it is by no means insurmountable.|
What languages does the support team speak?
One.com’s support team is capable of assisting speakers of English, Danish, German, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, French, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese.
How reliable is One.com?
While One.com does not publish any official numbers of offer any type of uptime guarantee, One.com partners only with vendors that offer quality guarantees, robust backup systems, top-notch servers and other infrastructure components, and around-the-clock monitoring.
Look below for more frequently asked questions and answers!
Pros and Cons of One.com
To help narrow down your decision further, here are a few pros and cons to consider for One.com:
- Very easy to use; if you want to get your website set up with as little hassle as possible, you will not find a host that is easier to use
- Inexpensive; you can use the product free of charge for the first year, and the more premium plans are reasonably priced.
- Relatively short money-back guarantee period
- Its limited feature-set may not be appealing to those who have large or complex website.
One.com Hosting is a solid option for anyone looking for an easy to use, budget-friendly option. You’ll get everything you need to set up your website with none of the headaches associated with an overly-complicated product.
One.com Reviews by Our Community
Overall Rating from 96 Reviews by One.com Customers
Most Helpful Reviews
Muhammad Jahanzeb Malik nerdshd.com
Feb 02, 2015
Most Popular One.com Hosting Plans
|Price||$1.89 / mo|
One.com Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the company located?
One.com is headquartered in Denmark and Dubai.
- Where are the One.com data centers located?
One.com doesn’t specify where its servers are located.
- Does One.com offer Windows hosting plans?
No. One.com only offers Linux hosting.
- Does One.com offer VPS hosting?
No. One.com only offers shared hosting.
- Does One.com offer reseller packages?
No. It only offers shared hosting.
- Is a free domain included with the purchase of a hosting plan?
Yes. All new hosting plans come with a free domain registration.
- Does One.com offer stand-alone domain registration?
No. If you buy a domain, you must buy hosting with it.
- Does One.com have a website builder?
Yes. All hosting plans come with Website Builder, a free tool that allows you to create a 5-page website. If you need to create a larger site, you will need to upgrade to the Premium website builder plan.
- Will my plan renew at a higher price?
Yes. If your initial rate is a promotional or discounted rate, you will renew your package at a higher price.
- What uptime guarantee is provided?
The company does not have any kind of availability SLA or uptime guarantee.
- What satisfaction guarantee is offered?
A 15-day money-back guarantee is provided for all customers.
- What is One.com’s backup policy?
One.com does not specify their backup policy for hosting plans. It would be wise to make your own backup arrangements.
- Can I get phone support?
No, but all hosting customers have access to email support and live chat.
- What languages do its technical support staff speak?
Support is provided in English, Danish, German, Dutch, French, Norwegian, Swedish and Italian.
- What development languages does One.com support?
One.com’s servers offer full support for PHP, MySQL, FTP, SSH and SFTP.
- Will One.com help me transfer my existing website?
No. One.com does not offer any free or paid migration support.
- Can I host multiple sites or domains on my account?
One.com allows for multiple add-on domains on the higher priced plans. The two lower priced plans are limited to one domain and one database.
- Is One.com suitable for e-commerce websites?
You can set up an e-commerce store with One.com, subject to the limitations of its shared hosting plan. SSL is available on all packages.
- Does One.com offer Magento support?
No. Magento is not supported.
- What control panels are offered?
Hosting plans come with One.com’s custom control panel.
- What payment options are supported?
In addition to major credit cards, customers can also pay via PayPal.
- Does One.com offer CDN services?
No. One.com does not offer CDN services.
- What is the minimum contract term?
The minimum contract period is one year.
- How many email addresses are provided?
All shared plans come with unlimited email accounts and 15GB of disk space for email.
- Does One.com provide discounted plans for schools and non-profits?
No. One.com does not offer free hosting for non-profits.
- Can I upgrade or downgrade my package?
Yes. However, if you want to downgrade, you must give 60 days’ notice before the end of your billing cycle.