Last updated: March 5, 2019
Tierpoint In 2020: What Do Tierpoint Client Reviews Say?
Disclosure: Your support helps keep the site running! We earn a referral fee for some of the services we recommend on this page. Learn more
Tierpoint is a high-end provider of enterprise-grade data center and web hosting services, including cloud computing, colocation, and managed IT. In their current incarnation, they were founded in 2010, forming out of the combination of several different well-respected IT service providers from around the country, including:
- Colo4 — Dallas, TX — Founded 2000
- Perimeter Technology — Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OK — Founded 2003
- TierPoint — Spokane, WA — Founded 2003
- Adhost — Seattle, WA — Founded 1995
- BTP — Baltimore, MD — Founded 2005
- PTP — Philadelphia, PA — Founded 2010
- Xand — Locations throughout PA, NY, MA, — Founded 1999
Tierpoint serves customers from fourteen datacenters across the United States.
Services and Specialties
Tierpoint is not a consumer-grade hosting company — they do not provide any type of shared hosting or other typical “retail” web hosting services.
Tierpoint is a B2B, enterprise-grade IT service provider. Their service offerings include:
- Cloud Infrastructure as a Service — VMware-based cloud computing platform for delivering scalable apps and business systems software
- Colocation Service — For organizations that need to house their servers in a secure, high-end facility with fast internet connectivity
- Managed IT Services — A wide range of custom services including backup and restore, business continuity, managed networks and virtual private networks, wireless networking, and web hosting.
- Disaster Recovery — Backup and restore, private office suites, dedicated terminals, and other services to keep businesses up and running after disasters.
Tierpoint Reviews by Our Community
Overall Rating from 1 Reviews by Tierpoint Customers
Most Helpful Reviews
Dec 10, 2019
Datacenters and Technology
Tierpoint has fourteen datacenters positioned all over the country:
- Allentown, PA
- Baltimore, MD
- Bethlehem, PA
- Boston (MetroWest), MA
- Dallas, TX
- Hartford, CT (Waterbury)
- Jacksonville, FL
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Philadelphia, PA
- Seattle, WA
- Spokane, WA
- Tulsa, OK
- Valley Forge, Pa
- Westchester, NY
All of Tierpoint’s datacenters provide best-in-class server hardware, 24-hour security, closed-circuit TV, uninterruptable power supply, and high-end carrier-class internet connectivity.
To give a sense of their datacenter setup, here are the complete stats from one of their locations (Waterbury, CT). It is highly representative of their entire network of locations.
- 11,950 square feet of raised floor & business continuity space
- SSAE 16 SOC1 & SOC2, Type II
- Multi-story concrete, steel and brick construction
- Raised floor design supports 100-150 watts/square foot
- HVAC systems include Leibert split/DX CRAC unites & Trane roof top package units
- All HVAC systems are minimum N+1 redundant
- State-of-the-art fire detection systems with dual interlock pre-action fire suppression for mission critical areas
- Onsite personnel
- Closed Circuit TV
- Monitored open door and security breach alarms
- Shared utility feed from Connecticut Power & Light with total of 1MW capacity
- A/B UPS plant for Colo 1 – installed capacity of 160kW; 2N reduandant capacity of 64kW
- Standalone UPS for Colo 2 – installed capacity of 95kW
- Carrier Neutral facility with multiple Tier 1 providers
- Available to most leading MetroEthernet and Telcom carriers
- BGP4 meshed Internet connectivity
- Multiple, diverse fiber feeds to other TierPoint facilities
- Connectivity to:
- Sidera Networks
Support and Customer Service
Tierpoint provides a high-level of hands on support to their clients. There are local support teams in each geographical area they serve, available 24 hours a day.
Each region has its own Network Operations Center — fully staffed centers which monitor local datacenters and networks continuously to ensure 100% uptime. They proactively contact customers in the event of any disruptions and begin working immediately to resolve any problems.
Tierpoint’s Network Operation Centers operate according to a three-point code of customer service they refer to as the “NOC Protocols.”
- Total Transparency — The status of services are never a secret. All issues are communicated to the customer immediately, along with plans for resolution. The NOC team also provides suggestions for workarounds and other measures to alleviate any difficulty caused by network problems.
- Easy Accessibility — The NOC acts as the primary point of contact between customers and Tierpoint, making it easy to know who to contact and how to get help, at any time.
- Expert Engineers — The NOCs are not staffed by generic customer-service agents, but rather by trained and certified network engineers and systems administrators.
Tierpoint provides a wide range of customer technical support through it’s Network Operation Centers, including:
- Cloud and Virtual Applications — Authorized VMWare Service Partner
- DS3/T1, Metro Ethernet (MAN), & Dark Fiber Circuits
- Advanced Network Monitoring — SNMP & ICMP polling
- Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewalls
- Dell, HP, EMC & Hitachi Hardware
- MPLS, IPSEC, SSL, BGP, & VPN WAN/Routing Technologies
- Sonicwall, Fortinet, Watchguard & Cisco Pix/ASA Firewalls
- IP Vaulting, VTL, & Vizioncore VRanger Backup Solutions
- Managed Tape Rotation
Tierpoint provides a financially-backed 100% uptime Service Level Agreement (SLA).
Tierpoint is a high quality provider of enterprise-grade IT and networking services. They would be a good fit for medium to large organizations (both for-profit and non-profit) that have mission-critical tech infrastructure. Their geographic footprint makes them well-suited for companies that have a presence across the U.S., particularly in heavy-industrial areas.