Last updated: December 29, 2018
Webair Hosting Review: Incredible Support? Just Be Sure You Pick The Right Plan
A robust hosting option with many tiers of plans, Webair’s tools are built to keep webmasters happy. They offer extensive support, maximum security, and guarantee 100 percent uptime. Since 1996, the company has offered hosting solutions for every size of business.
Webair’s ServerGenius™ support includes industry professionals trained to help you on every level. Opening a support ticket within your control panel is the preferred method of contact because it can be tracked and escalated. You may also access live chat support from your control panel. Webair also has toll-free phone support available 24/7.
With all accounts, Webair offers EZPanel. The comprehensive control panel allows access to support, billing, account management, a client discussion forum, and domain management. All servers include PHP (PHP HyperText Preprocessor) support, with many pre-installed extensions and full Python support. All plans also allow for free add-on root access and a full mail server with a Web-based control panel.
- 320 GB ioDrive2 with Webair Fusion-io Pro
- 640 GB ioDrive2 with Webair Fusion-io Power
- 16 GB RAM
- 10 TB bandwidth
- 3 IP addresses
- Full managed or self-managed hosting
- Dedicated network
Dedicated Server Hosting
Webair’s Dedicated Server Hosting includes seven managed hosting plans with a physical server.
- 10 TB bandwidth
- 3 IPs
- Unlimited* POP3, IMAP, and WebMail accounts
- Choice of operating system
- Up to 32 GB RAM and four 500 GB SATA RAID 5 storage, depending on the plan selected
Complex Web Hosting
Webair offers three plans. Each includes dual redundant gigabit load balancers, internal and external Cisco gigabit switches, private VLAN with 27 IP Addresses, and Webair cloud storage.
- Complex Basic, Complex Business, and Complex Enterprise plans
- Two, four, and eight web servers with quad-core processors available, relative to available plans
- 4 GB RAM
- 8 GB database server with Complex Basic plans
- Two 16 GB database servers with Complex Business plans
- Two 32 GB database servers with Complex Enterprise plans
*When hosts describe anything as “unlimited,” it is typically boundless except in cases of abuse. A user may be charged a penalty or be required to subscribe to a more robust package if they are overburdening the servers.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) Web Hosting
Webair offers three VPS plans.
- Business VPS, Enterprise VPS, and Power VPS
- 3 IP addresses
- Dual hexcore processors
- Local RAID 10
- Full and incremental backups available
- Distributed resource scheduling
- Single vCPU 3.33Ghz
- Upgradability; one-click upgrades and upgrade to cloud server
- 40 GB, 100 GB, and 150 GB storage, relative to available plans
- 1 GB, 1.5 GB, and 2 GB RAM, relative to available plans
- 500 GB, 1 TB, and 3 TB bandwidth, relative to available plans
Webair VSYS™ Virtual Hosting
VSYS is a proprietary, shared hosting platform with five plan types.
- Webair Micro, Small, Medium, Large, and Advanced plans
- Up to 3 IP addresses.
- 10 GB, 20 GB, 40 GB, 100 GB, and 250 GB storage, respective to plan types
- 50 GB, 500 GB, 1 TB, 3 TB, and 6 TB of bandwidth, respective to plan types
- Transfer and storage overages apply
- 30-day, money-back guarantee.
Webair offers a range of add-ons available with all hosting plans.
- Hotlink protector
- Advanced Content Delivery Network (CDN) helps distribute media more quickly without coding changes
- cPanel/Plesk control panel simplifies web server management
- ProxyPass defends machines from brute-force password cracking attempts
- Switchport redundant link for dedicated IP access
- Juniper SSG hardware firewalls; fully managed with Web-based controls
- Cloud storage; fully redundant, scalable, secure, managed storage
- Backup services; complete offsite backup with disaster recovery plans
- Fully managed load balancing; balance loads across multiple servers to limit downtime; personalized name servers.
- Wowza media integrates into sites regardless of operating system; delivers Flash video, interactive media, and remote recording
- SSL certificates
- GeoIP determines where your visitors are from; lets you to offer a customized experience.
- Organic SEO service has keyword, HTML, page design, and site linking analysis; also offers recommendations for improvement
Webair Reviews by Our Community
Overall Rating from 3 Reviews by Webair Customers
Most Helpful Reviews
- 100% uptime guarantee
- Webair is environmentally responsible and uses low energy-consumption hardware.
- Owns and operates its own fully redundant, multi-homed network.
- Network has more than 150 GB useable bandwidth.
- Network locations are secure facilities with emergency plans, climate control, and fire suppression systems.
- Ample support with live help is always available.
- Submitting support tickets means wait time.
- No free version.
- May be pricey, depending on your budget.
With so many plans, each with customizable options, you must clearly identify your needs to find the right plan. You may need to contact Webair’s customer service team to help figure out what plan fits your business. Still, their reputation for quality customer support and the wide variety of options available are two strong reasons to give Webair a serious look.
Most Popular Webair Hosting Plans
|Public Cloud Basic|
|Price||$99 / mo|
Webair Frequently Asked Questions
- What if my site goes down? What type of support is available?
Phone, email, and chat support are offered on a 24/7 basis with every hosting plan. Support response time appears to be very prompt. When we contacted a representative using the chat option the response time was less than one minute. In addition, a knowledge base is available with many articles and tutorials that address common problems.
- As my site grows will I have to change to a different hosting company with upgraded servers?
Webair offers completely scalable plans. With their Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) plan you can scale plan resources up or down as the demands of your application change.
- How do I decide which plan is right for me?
If you’re having trouble deciding a simple-to-use solution finding tool is available. Just answer a couple of simple questions about your needs and wishes, and a plan will be recommended for you along with a link to read more details about that specific plan.
- Are automatic backups provided?
With all but the most basic plans automatic backup of your files and folders is included. Coupled with the distributed data center structure offered by Webair your website or application will be well protected.
- Where are Webair’s data centers?
There are four data centers located around the world to provide redundancy and rapid delivery of information. The data centers are located strategically in New York, Los Angeles, Amsterdam, and Montreal.
- How can Webair guarantee 100% uptime?
100% uptime can be guaranteed by positioning the data centers at geographically dispersed locations, and equipping each data center with enough firepower to handle all network traffic in a pinch. This impressive data center network is further backed up by strategic partnerships with peer providers.
- Are plans available for small personal projects?
The smallest plan available is very affordable, and a great option for a single personal project or business website.
- I want to start an e-commerce website. Are e-commerce sites supported?
With all but the most basic plans, SSL certificates can be added on. With easy installation of several popular content management systems and e-commerce options available, hosting an e-commerce site is a definite possibility.
- What scripts are available for easy installation?
Easy installation of eight popular applications is supported. Available content management systems include WordPress, Drupal, Movable Type, and Joomla. Magento, a premier e-commerce platform, is available. Additional applications available for installation include SugarCRM, Asterisk, and OpenVPN.
- Why aren’t bandwidth and disc space unlimited like much of the competition?
With Webair, you’re getting a higher grade of hosting. For instance, every plan is hosted in a dedicated virtual environment, not a shared server environment. So you are subject to greater constraints, but the tradeoff is that your site will be hosted on a world-class network with much greater performance and security at a price competitive with other entry-level hosting plans.
- What type of hard drives are used for data storage?
All plans come with solid-state drive (SSD) storage. Meaning your data will be more secure and more rapidly accessible than if it were stored on industry-standard mechanical hard disk drives (HDD).
- Can Webair help secure my existing server network?
In addition to offering hosting, Webair also offers security services including managed firewalls and distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) mitigation along with 24/7 network monitoring. If you have an existing server network you’re worried about these services will go a long way toward protecting those valuable assets.
- Can I register a domain with Webair?
Domains can be registered through a partner service, Domain Pal, at very competitive rates.
- Do the basic hosting plans support multiple domains?
The basic plans only allow for deployment of a single website. If you want to host multiple websites you’ll need to look at some of the upgraded plans or purchase multiple basic plans.
- What control panel software is included with Webair hosting accounts?
Webair offers a proprietary control panel called ezpanel. You can test-drive ezpanel without purchasing any products by registering for a free account. We have to say, it’s one of the most intuitive control panels we’ve seen.
- Do I have to pay for an extended billing cycle when I sign up for a hosting plan?
For the majority of plans, billing is done via an automated payment system on a monthly basis. This is different from many hosting providers who require you to pay for a much longer period at initial sign-up and at each renewal. You can even pay by check, money order, or PayPal if you prefer by making special arrangements with the billing department.
- Can I use FTP to transfer files to the server?
Yes. FTP is supported and step-by-step setup instructions are available in the Knowledge Base.
- Will I be able to create email accounts when I sign up for a hosting account?
Email accounts are available as an add-on to any hosting plan.