Last updated: December 3, 2017
Jobs at WhoIsHostingThis.com
This is a call to all you proud web geeks! Welcome to the WhoIsHostingThis.com jobs page, and thank you for your interest in working with us. We are always excited to find new talent to join our team. When you work for us, you will be joining a diverse group of professionals from all walks of life, located all over the world. All of our positions are 100% remote (work from home). Currently, we are looking for both freelancers who are interested in having a long-term relationship. This is not a one-off opportunity — but the potential to work with us for years.
Do you eat and drink technology for breakfast? Or perhaps you read about technology every morning while you eat breakfast. Maybe you even skip breakfast because you are too busy reading and writing about technology. If you’re like that, We want you! WhoIsHostingThis.com is looking for talented, tech-savvy individuals like yourself. If you have a thirst for all things internet and geek culture — you won’t be bored working for us. Ideal candidates will have the following characteristics.
- Experience with website creation and web hosting.
- Excellent communications skills. You should be handy with online tools like WordPress, Gmail, Google Docs, Trello, Asana, Dropbox, and Skype. Or you can learn them quickly.
- Strong Work Ethic. You should be a self-starter who can handle fast turnarounds. You take pride in doing your best.
- Creativity. You are able to find creative solutions within a given set of guidelines.
If you have these qualities, we want to connect with you! This is an excellent opportunity for those with a background in web development or web design who are looking to do more writing.
Here at WhoIsHostingThis.com, we know that our staff members are the stars of this operation. After all, the site is nothing without great content. In addition to all of the maintenance involved with the upkeep of a high traffic website, we need to create a massive amount of written content. This includes making sure the content is accurate, informative, and useful. So, finding the best people to create and maintain the website is a major part of our operation.
Our current workload is increasing and we are looking for people to help us create content. We are looking for writers, editors, and webmasters that can consistently produce high-quality of work. It is our goal to build substantive business relationships and we are hoping to find people in it for the long haul. Currently, we are hiring freelancers that can commit to at least 4,000 words per week (roughly, two days of work). But if you can handle more than, even better.
Specific positions have additional requirements and “How to Apply” guidelines. So please read over the description for the role you’re interested in, and then get in touch!
About Our Team/Culture
Our team continues to grow at an exciting, yet dizzying pace. WhoIsHostingThis.com is run by a core of dedicated professionals. But like many companies, our team members and associates are located in several different countries around the world. Most of them have never met each other in person, but still manage to form close working relationships.
WhoIsHostingThis.com is made up of professional programmers, webmasters, designers, and writers. Our diverse group of experts includes old-timers who grew up coding before the web existed to relatively younger folks who helped write the book on web 2.0 technologies.
Our fearless leader is Richard Kershaw, the owner of WhoIsHostingThis.com and its parent company, Quality Nonsense Ltd. To learn more about the people behind the curtain, visit our Meet the Team page.
Many of our freelancers love the freedom that working remotely affords them. It gives you the ability to work on your own terms. You can dictate how you setup your workspace, where you work, and set your own schedule. Since you can work from anywhere, you aren’t restricted by a traditional 9-5 schedule. Working from home (aka living the dream) can be a good way to find a better work/life balance.
Learn and Grow
Get paid while you learn marketable skills. You can gain valuable experience working for a high-traffic website that averages over a million page views a month. This is an excellent opportunity for those who want to learn and grow. Hone your journalism, writing, editing, or webmaster skills in an atmosphere where high quality work is appreciated.
Positive Working Environment
It takes a special breed of people to be part of a working remote team. One of the best parts about working for us is that you are part of a global network of intelligent, civilized people who share your passion. It’s important to have a working environment that fosters creativity and productivity. Our company is filled with capable, friendly personalities from management on down.
WhoIsHostingThis.com offers our freelancers competitive rates because their happiness is central to our success. We figure if you get paid what you are worth from the get go, everyone is happy. We value quality here and we let you know it.
The web hosting industry isn’t just stable, it’s thriving. Our company is growing steadily, and the pace is picking up. You will have the chance to be part of a team that has a proven track record of growth and success. WhoIsHostingThis.com as well as it’s parent company, Quality Nonsense Ltd., evolved alongside the modern web.
Our primary mission is to empower people to make the right technology choices for themselves. We created this site for people who wanted an easy way to compare hosting. There is an incredibly large number of web hosts, all with different options. WhoIsHostingThis.com makes it easy to make an informed decision.
As one of the most popular web hosting resources on the internet, we have been featured in The New York Times, Time, Mashable, Daily Mail, Forbes, and many other leading publications on and off the internet.
Since this site was created in 2007, it has become the go-to source for web hosting on the internet. WhoIsHostingThis.com was acquired by the London-based Quality Nonsense Ltd. in the summer of 2008. Since then, we have found many ways to improve our services and help millions of people find hosting. Our services on this site include:
- Hosting Reviews: we publish honest reviews from real customers and give our visitors useful information. No funny business! We are dedicated to upholding the integrity of our brand. This ethos has led to our long-term success and is built-into our business model.
- Find a Host: this is the simple service that started it all. It’s a search box that allows you to find out what host any website uses. There are also options to help you find more information on web hosts.
- Coupons: we have been in this business a long time. As a result, we have some great relationships with hosting providers. This allows us to offer dozens of coupons from some of your favorite hosts.
- Resources for Webmasters: this section of the site is filled with an enormous amount of content for website owners. There is a wealth of useful information here. You can find easy to understand explanations to complicated subjects related to web hosting, web design, and web development. The information is presented through articles, videos, infographics, and even entire ebooks.
- Blog: our blog is where we regularly post original, informative, and engaging content for our audience. Our posts span the gamut of subjects related to the web and information technology. You can find posts on everything from copyright law and online censorship to lists on free resources to the bizarre internet in North Korea. There’s something for everyone here.
At WhoIsHostingThis.com, we believe that diversity encourages creativity. A large part of our success is due to the fact that we are a team filled with a diverse set of people with different personalities and experiences. We work with a unique group of professionals that come from many different backgrounds. And it shows in both the quality of the content we produce and the voices behind the words.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Follow the application instructions linked to at the top of this article. We look forward to hearing from you.