Last updated: February 19, 2019
Arvixe In 2018: What Do Arvixe Client Reviews Say?
Arvixe is a web hosting company which offers a range of services from shared hosting through to dedicated hosting. It does not seem to specialize in just one area like many other companies do, preferring to keep its options open.
The company was formed in San Luis Obispo, USA in 2003. It is a privately held limited liability corporation and hosts a variety of websites from around the world, from personal sites through to sites for enterprise-sized businesses. Its mission is to serve as a complete hosting resource to clients and provide reliable and high-quality services and support.
Arvixe offers both Linux (CentOS) and ASP.Net (Windows) hosting for all of their hosting plans. Whilst they offer shared, reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting, they do not yet offer a cloud hosting service.
Arvixe hosting plans are split into five classes, Personal, Business, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated.
- The PersonalClass plan represents competitively-priced shared hosting. Customers can choose Linux hosting or pay slightly more for Windows hosting. These plans provide unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth and up to 6 domains. The Windows hosting plan includes up to 6 dedicated application pools. The personal plans can also be upgraded to a Pro version, which allows for unlimited websites (and unlimited dedicated application pools for Windows hosting).
- The BusinessClass plans are similar to the PersonalClass shared hosting plans, but include a dedicated IP. The servers are set up to contain fewer users on each server and therefore increase reliability and uptime.
- Arvixe offers ResellerClass hosting plans based on the amount of disk space and bandwidth you need. Again, you can choose from Windows and Linux hosting and get up to 200 GB disk space, 2000 GB of bandwidth and unlimited domains.
- The VPSClass Linux hosting plan offers 40 GB of disk space with unlimited bandwidth, 1024 MB of dedicated memory, 2 cores and 2 IP addresses. You can upgrade to the pro version to get 80 GB of disk space, 2048 MB dedicated memory, 4 cores and up to 5 IP addresses.
- The VPSClass Windows hosting plan comes with 40 GB of disk space with unlimited bandwidth, 1536 MB of dedicated memory, 2 cores and 2 IP addresses, which can be upgraded to 80 GB of disk space, 3072 MB dedicated memory, 4 cores and 5 IP addresses.
- The DedicatedClass hosting starts with a choice of single-processor or multi-processor servers. Each plan can then be customised to suit your individual business needs.
The plans also allow you to pay for additional services such as a dedicated IP address, Coldfusion (Windows) or MSSQL reporting service (Windows), depending on which plan you have signed up for.
Arvixe Reviews by Our Community
Overall Rating from 400 Reviews by Arvixe Customers
Most Helpful Reviews
Steve Ives synergex.com
Mar 14, 2018
Steve Winter biblefolk.com
Apr 11, 2018
kim klopp klopp.com
Apr 15, 2018
Softyoug Solutions softyoug.com
Jul 24, 2018
Gregory Switzer switzerpc.com
Jan 03, 2018
Rodney Knaak computerhealthclinic.com
Apr 16, 2018
Galen Aoki punahou63.com
Feb 28, 2017
Gordon Kushner gordonkushner.com
May 16, 2016
Xavier MadMax 4amics.com
Apr 18, 2016
Jamie Waese waese.com
Mar 21, 2016
Uptime/DowntimeLike many other web hosting companies, Arvixe offers a 99.9% site uptime guarantee, and it will refund you if the guarantee is broken in any given month. It also offers a 100% uptime guarantee for dedicated servers with pro-rata refund for any downtime. The Arvixe datacenters are located in Dallas and Houston. Each has a fully redundant power supply with backup generators and a UPS power control system. The datacenters are monitored 24/7 from the network operations center with state of the art monitoring systems. Both datacenters have Statement on Auditing Standards No. 70 Type II certification. Servers are backed up daily and weekly for PersonalClass and ResellerClass accounts. For BusinessClass and EcommerceClass accounts, they are backed up hourly, daily and weekly. The backups are primarily for Arvixe in the event of a server going down. Arvixe advises customers to regularly backup their own data, but backups are made available to customers wherever possible.
SupportArvixe customers have access to 24/7/365 in-house US based phone support, live chat and email support. They can also discuss issues on a customer forum and have access to raise support tickets on the Arvixe help desk. The help desk software also provides access to a knowledge base and a news feed which Arvixe keep up-to-date with news articles and videos about the company. The Arvixe blog is very active and provides regular ‘how to’ articles as well as other bits and pieces of information. The Facebook page is not very active, but the Arvixe Twitter account is busy and the team promptly replies to customer queries. Staff post out regular tweets to news stories and useful blog posts. All in all, the Arvixe support service seems to be very proactive in getting information to customers on a regular basis.
Arvixe Control PanelArvixe provide cPanel with all of their Linux based web hosting plans. Resellers, VPS and dedicated server Linux based hosting customers also get WHM control panel. Both are fairly standard and will be familiar to experienced users. For Windows hosting, they use Plesk.
- Arvixe offers a free domain name for life when you sign up; it will continue to renew your domain name whilst you are still paying for web hosting. If you move to another hosting company, you need to start paying for the domain name and transfer it away if you wish to.
- Customers who have signed up for Linux hosting get RVSiteBuilder, as well as Fantastico and Softaculous one-click script installers. These support Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby on Rails, SSI, Zend and more.
- Arvixe will transfer your website for no additional cost when you sign up. It also offers extra discounts for customers who purchase additional hosting accounts and a discount for linking to them from your own web site.
- Finally, there’s an affiliates programme which gives rewards for customers you successfully refer.
Money Back Guarantee / Cancellation PolicyArvixe provides a commendable 60 day money-back guarantee, which is relatively generous for web hosting. Refunds do not include domain names, SSL certificates, dedicated servers and marketing accounts. Customers can cancel their account by emailing the sales department.
SummaryArvixe stands up well when compared to most other web hosting companies. The sheer range of hosting types put them in a prime position and allows for easy upgrades as businesses grow. The support provision for Arvixe appears to be very proactive and the team are are keen to discuss different hosting options with customers.
Most Popular Arvixe Hosting Plans
|Personal Class||Personal Class ASP||Personal Class Pro|
|Price||$3.27 / mo||$5 / mo||$7 / mo|
|Visit Arvixe||Visit Arvixe||Visit Arvixe|
|Personal Class ASP Pro
|Unlimited||Unlimited||$8 / mo Visit Host|
|50GB||500GB||$20 / mo Visit Host|
|VPS Class Lite
|20GB||Unlimited||$20 / mo Visit Host|
|Unlimited||Unlimited||$22 / mo Visit Host|
|Reseller Class ASP
|50GB||500GB||$25 / mo Visit Host|
|Business Class ASP
|Unlimited||Unlimited||$30 / mo Visit Host|
|VPS Class ASP lite
|30GB||Unlimited||$30 / mo Visit Host|
|Business Class Pro
|Unlimited||Unlimited||$35 / mo Visit Host|
|50GB||Unlimited||$40 / mo Visit Host|
|Business Class ASP Pro
|Unlimited||Unlimited||$43 / mo Visit Host|
|Reseller Class Pro
|200GB||2000GB||$50 / mo Visit Host|
|Reseller Class ASP Pro
|200GB||2000GB||$60 / mo Visit Host|
|VPS Class ASP
|50GB||Unlimited||$60 / mo Visit Host|
|VPS Class Pro
|100GB||Unlimited||$70 / mo Visit Host|
|VPS Class ASP Pro
|100GB||Unlimited||$100 / mo Visit Host|
|$105 / mo Visit Host|
Arvixe Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is Arvixe based?
Its headquarters are in Pleasanton, CA in the USA.
- Where is Arvixe’s datacenter?
Arvixe does not mention a specific location on its website, but it does say that its datacenter is in the USA.
- Does Arvixe offer Windows hosting?
Yes. It provides both Linux and Windows hosting. Windows plans are provisioned on Server 2012 R2.
- Does it offer managed hosting?
Yes. Management is available with dedicated servers, and some cloud hosting plans. It also provides the option of fully managed WordPress hosting.
- Does Arvixe offer any reseller hosting packages?
Yes. You can buy a Windows or Linux reseller hosting plan. Linux plans come with cPanel and WHM, while Windows plans have Plesk panel.
- Can I buy cloud hosting from Arvixe?
Yes. Arvixe offers managed cloud hosting plans. Cloud hosting a scalable alternative to a dedicated server, and can be provisioned on Linux or Windows.
- Does Arvixe offer a money-back guarantee?
Yes. Arvixe provides a 60-day money-back guarantee on shared and reseller plans, so you can claim a refund if you aren’t totally satisfied. This only applies to new accounts, and does not apply if you choose to upgrade.
- Can I use more than one domain with my account?
Yes. Most plans allow unlimited domains to be used, apart from the basic Personal and Business plans. These limit customers to 6 domains.
- Does Arvixe provide any software to help build a website?
Yes. All customers can use Arvixe Builder, which is sometimes called Site.Pro in its support documentation.
- What control panel will I use?
On Linux hosting plans, cPanel, along with WHM where applicable. Windows users are provided with Plesk.
- How can I access technical support?
Arvixe has a ticket system for support requests, and a live chat feature on its homepage. You can also contact the technical support team by phone. Support is provided 24/7.
- Is support available in languages other than English?
Arvixe’s technical support blog is available in English, German, French, Spanish, and Turkish. It doesn’t specify which languages its technical support team speaks.
- What is Priority Support?
All customers benefit from standard technical support. When signing up, you can optionally pay to upgrade to Priority Support, which offers the best expertise and fastest response times.
- Does Arvixe provide help migrating from another host?
Arvixe offers a free migration service, providing you use cPanel on your own host. Your site must be less than 5 GB in size for a personal or reseller transfer, or less than 10 GB in size for a business plan transfer. It does not offer any kind of migration support for Windows users, or new customers moving from a non-cPanel host.
- What forms of payment does Arvixe accept?
Arvixe accepts major credit cards and PayPal.
- Does Arvixe have an uptime guarantee?
Yes, there’s a 99.9% uptime guarantee. If it fails to meet that figure, it’ll provide a credit for one month’s hosting fees.
- What programming languages does Arvixe support?
It offers support for Perl, Python, PHP 5, Ruby on Rails, and support for both MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- How many email addresses can I create?
You can create unlimited email addresses with all plans.
- Is Arvixe bandwidth and space unlimited?
Yes, although you’ll be expected to adhere to its fair use terms, which means that your website needs to be operating within a normal range. If your site uses an excessive amount of disk space or bandwidth, you may be asked to upgrade.
- Do I get a free domain?
Yes. Arvixe will give you a free domain when you purchase your hosting package. It will renew the domain free of charge ‘forever’, as long as you do not cancel your hosting.